Skinny envelope alert!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just so no one else expeiences what I did when I saw the skinny envelope from U. Vermont (after getting my rejection from Case in a similarly skinny envelope a few days earlier) -- it's only a notification of their extended deadline!

Members don't see this ad.

what is the new deadline and what is it for please?

Members don't see this ad :)
...we have extended our AMCAS application deadline to November 15, 2001. We have also extended our deadling for submission of supporting application materials (supplemental application, application fee and letters of recommendation) to January 15, 2002.••

Oh yeah, and
...we will continue our interview process through the middle of April 2002••
They will also be giving only Provisional Acceptances after a review of interviewed candidates. They will be requiring those provisionally accepted to verify their MCAT and GPA scores through submission of original records to confirm the GPA and MCAT scores they originally received from AMCAS.

I have to admit I wasn't too impressed with a letter informing me of a 11/15 deadline arriving on 11/14! :rolleyes:

I also have to admit that I'm not too impressed with the fact that they don't have anyone answering the phones and I've left multiple messages to inquire whether my app. was complete or not (should have been complete a couple of months ago), and have not received a call back. Anyone know how to verify whether your app. is complete or not?

Originally posted by Darwin:
•I also have to admit that I'm not too impressed with the fact that they don't have anyone answering the phones and I've left multiple messages to inquire whether my app. was complete or not (should have been complete a couple of months ago), and have not received a call back. Anyone know how to verify whether your app. is complete or not?•••

Same thing here - multiple messages left, no calls back. I'm starting to wonder if they're in cahoots with AMCAS...

I guess we should take a hint, and hurry up and wait! I do know they got the stuff I sent them because I have verification from the USPS, and they cashed my check. But it would be nice to know if my LORs made it there, and whether they've got the August MCAT scores.

emailing Vermont about your application status worked pretty quickly for me.. I got a reply within 3 days.

:)

I gave Vermont a call near 5 oclock (Vermont time) and got right through. It turns out they didn't receive two of my LORs. (All of them were supposedly sent in the same envelope says my pre-med advisor.) Slowed my app down considerably. :(
-Oneiro

Originally posted by Daredevil:
•emailing Vermont about your application status worked pretty quickly for me.. I got a reply within 3 days.•••

Which e-mail address did you use?

the UVM thing sure had my heart skipping. Out of all the schools, the last school I expected to reject me w/o an interview was them..damn those skinny envelopes!

Originally posted by SMW:
•Just so no one else expeiences what I did when I saw the skinny envelope from U. Vermont (after getting my rejection from Case in a similarly skinny envelope a few days earlier) -- it's only a notification of their extended deadline!•••

Just to let you know, i got a skinny one from Case, and it was for an interview......funny thing was, it wasnt signed! :eek:

Oh Yeah!!! That thin envelope from Vermont completely through me for a loop!! I was sure it was a rejection. What do you guys think about UV? How is the environment, people and curriculum there? Thanks.