skipping straight to angle ranking then going back....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KiTmAn

Kit
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay...wanted to ask you guys a very important question before I try this...
I would really appreciate it if the SDN angels can help me as well...
On the PAT I get really annoyed by key hole and top front end qts ...I spend so much time that I dont have any time left for pattern. Moreover, I am rushed thru angle ranking and cube counting and hole punching...Therefore, I was wondering if its recommended to skip the keholes and top front end and go str8 to angles and rock everything including pattern folding then ...prolly have like 20 - 25 mins left over...then go to keyholes and top front end...THis way my pts would be maximized cuz I cube counting and hole punching are the easiest...What do you guys suggest???????

Members don't see this ad.

go for it. only would take at most 20-30 seconds to skip through the first 30 questions...what does it hurt especially if you think you'd do better on the last 2/3 than the first 1/3 anyway

KiTmAn said:
On the PAT I get really annoyed by key hole and top front end qts ...I spend so much time that I dont have any time left for pattern. Moreover, I am rushed thru angle ranking and cube counting and hole punching...Therefore, I was wondering if its recommended to skip the keholes and top front end and go str8 to angles and rock everything including pattern folding then ...prolly have like 20 - 25 mins left over...then go to keyholes and top front end...THis way my pts would be maximized cuz I cube counting and hole punching are the easiest...What do you guys suggest???????

if you're not quick enough to get thru the entire test comfortably, do the easy ones first. but fyi, on the real computers, it took a lil bit of time to forward questions.

Personally, I did the most frustrating questions last....

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally understand. It's not so much that I'm slow with the first two sections, but they drain my confidence. After finishing TFE, I feel so unsure. So, I've started skipping those sections and then going back. I'd rather guess on one of those that guess on a cube counting or hole punching that I KNOW I can get right. Good luck to you..

KiTmAn said:

I felt "angle ranking" was the toughest section of the real PAT :)

Hey I tok the DAT twice the first time I tried exactly what you said to do. I finished everything and felt good about my test. Although I got a 16 on PAT that time. The second time I took the DAT I made a 19. I didnt skip any questions and I went straight on trough the exam from Key holes-PAttern. Really its a trial and error. You do what ever works for you. I did take a Kaplan online review course for this second DAT. I picked up a few tricks for the PAT. LIke counting events for Top/Front nad you know it kinda helped me with the key holes to. Another thing I did for those was I practiced drawing 3-D objects. i thought if I could draw them then that would help me see and answer the questions on the PAT. Something must have worked. Like I said trial and error. OH yea one more thing. For the angle ranking, I really stunk at those the were really difficult. BUt the best thing I found, that worked for me, was look at the answer choices first and decide which 2 angles seem to be the largest. Then I took a really quick glance at those 2 angels only. I mean A quick glance maybe 5, 6 seconds, then started to elimnate answers. I just continued to do this until I got to one answer. It was either take my time get a headache and miss almost every one, mark c foreveryone and hope for the best or do what I suggested above. I chose the last one. I did a lot of practice PATs with my online Kaplan course so it wasnt just a spur of the moment thing I did while I took my test. Hey something must have work. LOL! I hope this helps if there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

On every one of my practice tests I have skipped directly to angles. If angles are hardest on the real PAT, I would have to skip 3 sections to get to my paper folding and cube counting that I do well on. I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea to waste that much time skipping questions, but I'm also worried about trying a new strategy on test day. How much time would it waste to go right to pattern folding? Should I just start on keyholes? O...my test is mon. morning :scared: :scared:

Can't you do an item review? Like the practice tests?

Thanks guys for your opinions ... i wanna try it on the achiever 2 pat...see how it works out...i m jus gonna go right to angles and then finish it and then come back...oh btw I dont think there is a item review o nteh real thing...i think there is jus a review marked that you can do after u finish before time is up...someone please correct me if i m wrong

O btw i just thought bout it nad realized what bout hte speed on the computer when i keep pressing next on the actual DAT ... u kno it might be kinda slow...i read bout it up there i htink someone mentioned it...man!!1 i dont think im gonna take taht risk..i think ill jus start from key holes....phewwwww!!!!!!!!

KiTmAn said:
O btw i just thought bout it nad realized what bout hte speed on the computer when i keep pressing next on the actual DAT ... u kno it might be kinda slow...i read bout it up there i htink someone mentioned it...man!!1 i dont think im gonna take taht risk..i think ill jus start from key holes....phewwwww!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm thinking that will be the best option for me too....I always finish in time (except on one achiever test) So I'll just try to spend about the same amount of time/problem as I normally do....hope the change doesnt screw me up.