Sleep Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BAlbert

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regarding Sleep Medicine Physicians, I'm trying to get a sense of (a) physician compensation and (b) average number of patients seen by a physician per day. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Regarding Sleep Medicine Physicians, I'm trying to get a sense of (a) physician compensation and (b) average number of patients seen by a physician per day. Any help is greatly appreciated!

You may get more responses in the sleep medicine forum. A full-time sleep doc would read about 200 studies a month and see approx 200 patients ( I personally read more studies than this, but see less patients). Compensation would be roughly 200-400k per year.

You may get more responses in the sleep medicine forum. A full-time sleep doc would read about 200 studies a month and see approx 200 patients ( I personally read more studies than this, but see less patients). Compensation would be roughly 200-400k per year.
Thanks, Dr. Rack. I'll try to figure out how to get to the Sleep Medicine section. Would you clarify your information, though? Over how many days are you assigning the 200 reads and 200 patients? Thanks for your wisdom!

Thanks, Dr. Rack. I'll try to figure out how to get to the Sleep Medicine section. Would you clarify your information, though? Over how many days are you assigning the 200 reads and 200 patients? Thanks for your wisdom!

Typically a sleep doc would see pts 2-3 days per week and read sleep studies 2-3 days per week; average work week would be 45 hrs/wk