SLOB Rule / Bum Rule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSsomedaysoon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i would really appreciate if u help me deal with the SLOB rule... i just cant get it in my Dumb wierd brain!!:D:D:D
thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys i would really appreciate if u help me deal with the SLOB rule... i just cant get it in my Dumb wierd brain!!:D:D:D
thanks a lot
What are you having trouble understanding? The rule (Same = Lingual, Opposite = Buccal) is pretty self-explanatory.

1. Take a radiograph of a tooth with some sort of lesion overlying it on the film.

2. Take another radiograph of the same tooth after repositioning the x-ray head mesially (arbitrarily, it doesn't matter which direction you choose).

3. If the lesion is located mesial to the tooth on the new film (opposite the direction you moved the x-ray head), you know it is positioned lingual to the tooth in reality. If it is located distal (same direction) to the tooth, it is positioned buccally. Reverse the directions if you move the x-ray head distally for the new film.

Make sense?

Is it so????I think if it is moving opposite direction to tube head then it means lesion is located BUCCALLY ...right?
pls clear me...
What are you having trouble understanding? The rule (Same = Lingual, Opposite = Buccal) is pretty self-explanatory.

1. Take a radiograph of a tooth with some sort of lesion overlying it on the film.

2. Take another radiograph of the same tooth after repositioning the x-ray head mesially (arbitrarily, it doesn't matter which direction you choose).

3. If the lesion is located mesial to the tooth on the new film (opposite the direction you moved the x-ray head), you know it is positioned lingual to the tooth in reality. If it is located distal (same direction) to the tooth, it is positioned buccally. Reverse the directions if you move the x-ray head distally for the new film.

Make sense?