Slp.d

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BaylorSLP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the SLP.D (clinical doctorate) offered at Nova? I've looked at the website and it seems interesting!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about the SLP.D (clinical doctorate) offered at Nova? I've looked at the website and it seems interesting!

I remember reading a discussion about the NOVA SLP.D on the ASHA discussion board. So Nova's doctoral classes are all online? How do the students complete research for their dissertations? (FYI I'm in my 2nd year of an MS/PhD SLP program.)

Yes, the classes appear to all be delivered through distance learning...so I'm assuming there must be a lot of collaboration within the cohorts as far as the dissertations go. I read that all students have to go to Florida for the doctoral studies orientation.

I would love to take some of the classes they offer (genetics, pharm, gerontology, neuropsych). Information from those classes could be so useful! I haven't heard of many people getting the SLP.D degree...I know Pitt has something similar (a CScD) though. Anyway, that's great that you are completing an MS/PhD program...I thought about doing that but the graduate school I really wanted to attend does not offer a degree track like that!