SLP Master's Program School Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

confusedcollegestudent

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My story: I will be graduating in May from UF with my Bachelor's of Science. I majored in Biology and thought I wanted to go pre-professional but have decided on SLP...just a little late in the game. I have done a ton of research on which school to attend (I would like to stay in Florida) and I have narrowed it down to UCF and UF, I think. I was wondering if anyone knows more about these programs. I would need to do the 3 year program at UCF and for UF there is a year of online post bacc classes prior to the Master's program which I am fine with. The problem is that as an out of field applicant, I don't have the luxury of applying to a bunch of schools and then seeing where I get in. Every school has different pre reqs and different ways for me to obtain them so I pretty much need to pick a school and go with it. I am also looking at FAU and Nova because they are close to where I live and I would save on living expenses.

Any insight on the quality of education at any of the schools I have mentioned would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!
 
My story: I will be graduating in May from UF with my Bachelor's of Science. I majored in Biology and thought I wanted to go pre-professional but have decided on SLP...just a little late in the game. I have done a ton of research on which school to attend (I would like to stay in Florida) and I have narrowed it down to UCF and UF, I think. I was wondering if anyone knows more about these programs. I would need to do the 3 year program at UCF and for UF there is a year of online post bacc classes prior to the Master's program which I am fine with. The problem is that as an out of field applicant, I don't have the luxury of applying to a bunch of schools and then seeing where I get in. Every school has different pre reqs and different ways for me to obtain them so I pretty much need to pick a school and go with it. I am also looking at FAU and Nova because they are close to where I live and I would save on living expenses.

Any insight on the quality of education at any of the schools I have mentioned would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!
I hear nova is pretty good school...........I'm applying to OT school I will consider speech language pathology
 

Similar threads