SLU Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedgeek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone get invited to fill out their secondary? do they screen?

Any required essays?

Members don't see this ad.

I received one, not sure if they screen (dont think so).... I haven't looked at the essays yet but it comes with a $100 price tag. I hear its an easier school to get into, especially if you go to University of Illinois -

k found SLU Secondary online.

"If you have not already written this on the AMCAS application, please describe briefly the reasons why you want to enter medical school. You may also make any other statement you wish to the Admissions Committee. Please do not send videotapes, CDs, cassettes, or other bulky materials."

Does this mean there is no required essay if you wrote about why do you want to be a doctor on your PS?

Members don't see this ad :)
that's right....no essay
you could submit "any other statement" if you would like...it's optional.

premedgeek said:
k found SLU Secondary online.

"If you have not already written this on the AMCAS application, please describe briefly the reasons why you want to enter medical school. You may also make any other statement you wish to the Admissions Committee. Please do not send videotapes, CDs, cassettes, or other bulky materials."

Does this mean there is no required essay if you wrote about why do you want to be a doctor on your PS?

Yeah there's an "optional" box for an essay if you want to write something there. However, I wrote nothing in it and I just received an interview invitation a few days ago.