slu waitlist...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ralhtar

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i am wondering if anybody has recently been bumped off of the waitlist at SLU...please let me know coz its my top choice and i'm worried...

Members don't see this ad.

When I interviewed at SLU last week the dean of admissions informed us that 30 people had been taken off the WL in late march. I'm really hoping to get into SLU also. Still waiting on my post-interview decision. Good luck to us both ralhtar. Who knows maybe we'll be classmates this fall. :)

Wow, I didn't realize they take people off of the waitlist this early. I figured it would be a while before I would have a chance to hear anything. Thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted at SLU. I am waiting on Pitt and Wake, my top choices. If I get an acceptance from either, i'll immediately withdraw to help some of you guys out. Good luck guys. SLU is a great school. Hope you all get in!

chintu, mind posting your interview date? when your received your letter? stats? thanks, sorry for so many requests

I had my interview on Dec 22. Due to the christmas break in between I was told that I should hear at the beginning of feb; however I didn't get my acceptance letter until early march. Sometimes intereviewers take a long time to decide post-interview. I believe most of their spots are filled at this point, which is why you guys are being waitlisted. Wait a few more weeks and will see some wailist movement. I took the aug mcat and scored 31 M; my gpa is 3.84, biochem major at unc. Good luck all of you.

Thanks for the info chintu. I'd appreciate it if others would use this thread to post recent SLU news also.

Has anyone recently gotten a post-interview decision from SLU? I'm wondering if everyone is just getting waitlisted at this point or if they're still sending out straight acceptances.

Not me: interviewed 2/17, waitlisted a week and a half later.

Hey everybody.

My waitlist letter was dated ~03/12, and my acceptance letter was dated 3/19--a week later! Who knows why they didn't just accept me right out. Anyway, good luck to you all, and maybe I'll see you in August.

For those waitlisted, be sure to post if you get in. It would be great to have some comrades for talking about housing, financial aid, etc. (all the nitty gritty stuff after getting accepted). I'm from the Northwest, so I know very few people that applied and no one else whose been accepted yet.

luckyday,
mind telling us when you interviewed and what your stats were? thanks

I had a regional interview in Seattle on february 19. 3.5, 3.4 (BCPM), at University of Washington 10,11,13, Q. I had some lab work and hospital volunteering, but my interviewer seemed very interested in the other parts of my application, like photography and sports.

I just got a waitlist letter today from SLU. Does anyone know if they'll tell you where you stand on the waitlist if you contact them (i.e. high or low)?

Im on the waitlist at SLU, until they get my return envelope. Yesterday I got a letter from SLU asking me to "confirm my interest" or something like that. So, maybe some folks (like me) will give up their waitlist spots and lessen the competition for you all :) Good luck.

Tug bug and Mikedc when did U interview??????

I interviewed on a cold and rainy day way back in September.

tugbug said:
I interviewed on a cold and rainy day way back in September.

and you're just getting correspondence???? that's a long time.

No. I was waitlisted back then... maybe a couple of weeks after the interview. The letter I recieved yesterday just asked if I still wished to be considered... meaning, should they take me off of the waitlist - I said yes, they should take me off. I was just posting to say that the waitlist might thin somewhat as these letters go out...

mikedc813 said:
I just got a waitlist letter today from SLU. Does anyone know if they'll tell you where you stand on the waitlist if you contact them (i.e. high or low)?

Nope SLU won't give you much of an indication of your position on the waitlist. I emailed Dr. Willmore (the dean of admissions) to ask him about my chances of getting pulled off the wl. His response was that he believes my chances are "excellent" but would give me no further details.

size_tens said:
Nope SLU won't give you much of an indication of your position on the waitlist. I emailed Dr. Willmore (the dean of admissions) to ask him about my chances of getting pulled off the wl. His response was that he believes my chances are "excellent" but would give me no further details.

What is Dr. Willmore's email address?