Jun 29, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi All,
I recently got my primary application verified by AMCAS, but when I went back to look at my course entries I noticed that I accidentally entered biochemistry and a course number but didn't finish the entry (so the entry says biochemistry but doesn't give credit hours or a grade). Later on in the coursework section I correctly listed the biochemistry course I took with the correct semester, hours, and grades. AMCAS left the partial entry on my academic record, with an O in the AMCAS use column. It's not affecting my GPA, but could this give med schools issues when trying to interpret my academic record? Should I notify schools about this/try to get it fixed or should I just let it be?
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.42.52 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.42.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.42.13 PM.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 6

chaim123

Almost an MD
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi All,
I recently got my primary application verified by AMCAS, but when I went back to look at my course entries I noticed that I accidentally entered biochemistry and a course number but didn't finish the entry (so the entry says biochemistry but doesn't give credit hours or a grade). Later on in the coursework section I correctly listed the biochemistry course I took with the correct semester, hours, and grades. AMCAS left the partial entry on my academic record, with an O in the AMCAS use column. It's not affecting my GPA, but could this give med schools issues when trying to interpret my academic record? Should I notify schools about this/try to get it fixed or should I just let it be?
View attachment 311340

O just means not verified, so they basically ignored it, or maybe thought it was a future course. Instead of notifying schools, you can submit an AMCAS Academic Change request, and just ask them to remove the mistake.

Jun 29, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
O just means not verified, so they basically ignored it, or maybe thought it was a future course. Instead of notifying schools, you can submit an AMCAS Academic Change request, and just ask them to remove the mistake.

Thanks for the help! I sent a change request to AMCAS.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.