Small AMCAS Coursework Error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicant_942

Reaction score
Hi All,
I recently got my primary application verified by AMCAS, but when I went back to look at my course entries I noticed that I accidentally entered biochemistry and a course number but didn't finish the entry (so the entry says biochemistry but doesn't give credit hours or a grade). Later on in the coursework section I correctly listed the biochemistry course I took with the correct semester, hours, and grades. AMCAS left the partial entry on my academic record, with an O in the AMCAS use column. It's not affecting my GPA, but could this give med schools issues when trying to interpret my academic record? Should I notify schools about this/try to get it fixed or should I just let it be?
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.42.52 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.42.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 1.42.13 PM.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 50
Hi All,
I recently got my primary application verified by AMCAS, but when I went back to look at my course entries I noticed that I accidentally entered biochemistry and a course number but didn't finish the entry (so the entry says biochemistry but doesn't give credit hours or a grade). Later on in the coursework section I correctly listed the biochemistry course I took with the correct semester, hours, and grades. AMCAS left the partial entry on my academic record, with an O in the AMCAS use column. It's not affecting my GPA, but could this give med schools issues when trying to interpret my academic record? Should I notify schools about this/try to get it fixed or should I just let it be?
View attachment 311340

O just means not verified, so they basically ignored it, or maybe thought it was a future course. Instead of notifying schools, you can submit an AMCAS Academic Change request, and just ask them to remove the mistake.

O just means not verified, so they basically ignored it, or maybe thought it was a future course. Instead of notifying schools, you can submit an AMCAS Academic Change request, and just ask them to remove the mistake.

Thanks for the help! I sent a change request to AMCAS.