small animal veterinary nerdbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajoras

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for helping me with my previous book. Can anyone help me find this book online too?

I am looking for a soft copy of this book. If anyone has it or came across it can you please share it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
looks like a cool book. are there any others in the series? or is it only for small animals.

There is also a nerdbook for exotics.

Reviving an old thread... but just wondering at what point people think it's worthwhile to buy this? It was recommended to me by a 3rd year a while back, and I just logged on to buy it but was thinking that, since first year is all "normal" and we don't start learning disease etc until second year, maybe I"ll just wait and buy it next summer...

I am only familiar with the one available about ten years ago, so take this FWIW. I think you are better off making your own nerdbook. Get a little three-ring binder and a bunch of 3 X 5 notecards. This will fit into the pocket of your lab coat when you are on clinics. You can gather information from a variety of sources, including the nerdbook you are thinking of.

Use a different color notecard for different topics. Like red for emergency, blue for medicine, whatever. Then put on the notecards things YOU find important or YOU have trouble remembering. I even bought colored Xerox paper and made reduced-size copies of tables and things in my medicine textbook, like listings of the causes of PU/PD or whatever, and glued them onto notecards.

By the end of my fourth year I had a good little binder, and I still use it today. If you are a PDA or iPhone fan, there is probably a way to make a nerdbook on that. I am old enough that I get more out of it if I write up the cards myself. :)