Small Dilemma. Help?

Started by flyer333
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flyer333

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I need your opinion on what to do.

I graduate with my bachelor's in Chemistry this coming April and only need approximately 8 credits to do so. Would taking a class such as Neuroscience improve my likeliness as a possible candidate to schools (along with my other information, of course)?

Thanks in advance!
 
Hello everyone!

I need your opinion on what to do.

I graduate with my bachelor's in Chemistry this coming April and only need approximately 8 credits to do so. Would taking a class such as Neuroscience improve my likeliness as a possible candidate to schools (along with my other information, of course)?

Thanks in advance!
You need to be a fulltime student. It will show that you did not slack off, and that you are a devoted student.

When are you applying to pharmacy school? Even though you will have a degree, have you completed all of the pre-reqs?

If you have all of the pre-reqs already, take a class that you will enjoy. Maybe you could add character to your transcript, by taking a class that personally interests you, so that your application will stand out more. If you're interested in Neuroscience, take it.
 
Yes, I have completed all my pre-requisites. I applied for Fall '08. I earned a 95% on the PCAT and have a GPA very close to a 3.5. I've also done some shadowing at the local hospital.

The 8 credits I previously spoke about includes the last prerequisite I'll need, which also includes the last two labs and lecture course I need to complete my bachelors.
 
you might as well take one more 4 unit class so you can be considered full time

neuroscience is a GREAT class!! i totally recommend you take it. i got a C in it because the teacher was a tool...but the class itself (with respect to material) is probably one of my favorites