Small Penises and Fast Cars: Evidence for a Psychological Link

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyDr

Psychologist
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

That's some quality research.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users

That's some quality research.

University College London doing the important work. I got curious to see which sports cars they used and it was as one would expect: 2 Porsche 911s, Ferrari Testarossa, Corvette convertible, Audi R8, vintage 1968ish Chevy Chevelle. So, they really went for the showy stuff. No Mazda Miatas here.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
University College London doing the important work. I got curious to see which sports cars they used and it was as one would expect: 2 Porsche 911s, Ferrari Testarossa, Corvette convertible, Audi R8, vintage 1968ish Chevy Chevelle. So, they really went for the showy stuff. No mazda miatas here.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
That’s for real? It reads like a spoof. Funny as hell either way. My wife always says the guys with the big trucks are trying to compensate for their small dicks. Definitely might be a correlation between truck size and IQ though. 😁
I mean, if you have to compose a research study, may as well make work fun.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s for real? It reads like a spoof. Funny as hell either way. My wife always says the guys with the big trucks are trying to compensate for their small dicks. Definitely might be a correlation between truck size and IQ though. 😁

Weirder things have happened. Some psychologist in NM got IRB approval AND FUNDING to go to strip clubs to study strippers. Then he convinced a bunch of strippers to let him watch them, and tell him about their menstrual cycles. That guy's charisma must be through the roof.

Miller, G., et al. (2007). "Ovulatory cycle effects on tip earnings by lap dancers: economic evidence for human estrus?☆." Evolution and Human Behavior 28(6): 375-381.

"Because academics may be unfamiliar with the gentlemen's club subculture, some background may be helpful to understand why this is an ideal setting for investigating real-world attractiveness effects of human female estrus."

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
University College London doing the important work. I got curious to see which sports cars they used and it was as one would expect: 2 Porsche 911s, Ferrari Testarossa, Corvette convertible, Audi R8, vintage 1968ish Chevy Chevelle. So, they really went for the showy stuff. No Mazda Miatas here.
There is something wrong with any male buying a convertible that isn't a roadster.

Any research on lifted gas guzzling trucks?

There is something wrong with any male buying a convertible that isn't a roadster.

Any research on lifted gas guzzling trucks?

I take personal offense at that comment as a male shopping 4 seat convertibles.

I take personal offense at that comment as a male shopping 4 seat convertibles.
While opinions on convertible cars vary, some individuals may argue that convertible cars have certain drawbacks that make them less appealing to certain drivers. It's important to note that these points may not apply to everyone, as preferences and priorities differ among car enthusiasts. Here are some reasons why some people might think convertible cars "suck":

1. Reduced Structural Rigidity: Convertibles often sacrifice some structural rigidity compared to their hardtop counterparts. The removal of the roof can result in a less rigid chassis, affecting the car's overall handling and performance.
  2. Increased Noise Levels: Convertibles tend to be noisier than hardtops due to the lack of a solid roof to insulate against external sounds. This can lead to increased wind and road noise, making long drives less comfortable for some individuals.
  3. Limited Cargo Space: Convertibles usually have less cargo space compared to their hardtop counterparts. The folding roof mechanism takes up space in the trunk, limiting the amount of luggage or items that can be carried.
  4. Security Concerns: Convertibles can be more susceptible to theft or vandalism. With a soft or retractable roof, it may be easier for unauthorized individuals to access the interior, potentially compromising the security of the vehicle.
  5. Weather Sensitivity: Convertibles are more affected by adverse weather conditions. While it's true that they offer an open-air driving experience on sunny days, they become less practical in rain, snow, or extreme temperatures. The need to deploy or stow the roof can also be an inconvenience.
  6. Higher Cost: Convertible models often come with a higher price tag than their hardtop counterparts. The convertible feature adds complexity to the design and manufacturing process, contributing to the increased cost.
  7. Resale Value: Convertibles may depreciate faster than hardtops. The convertible market tends to be more niche, and potential buyers may be limited, affecting the resale value of these vehicles.
  8. Safety Concerns: Some argue that convertibles may be less safe in the event of a rollover accident. While modern convertibles are equipped with safety features to mitigate this concern, the perception of increased risk persists among certain consumers.
It's important to note that these points don't apply universally, and many convertible enthusiasts appreciate the unique driving experience and aesthetic appeal that convertibles offer. Personal preferences, lifestyle, and driving habits play a significant role in determining whether a convertible is the right choice for an individual.

While opinions on convertible cars vary, some individuals may argue that convertible cars have certain drawbacks that make them less appealing to certain drivers. It's important to note that these points may not apply to everyone, as preferences and priorities differ among car enthusiasts. Here are some reasons why some people might think convertible cars "suck":

1. Reduced Structural Rigidity: Convertibles often sacrifice some structural rigidity compared to their hardtop counterparts. The removal of the roof can result in a less rigid chassis, affecting the car's overall handling and performance.
  2. Increased Noise Levels: Convertibles tend to be noisier than hardtops due to the lack of a solid roof to insulate against external sounds. This can lead to increased wind and road noise, making long drives less comfortable for some individuals.
  3. Limited Cargo Space: Convertibles usually have less cargo space compared to their hardtop counterparts. The folding roof mechanism takes up space in the trunk, limiting the amount of luggage or items that can be carried.
  4. Security Concerns: Convertibles can be more susceptible to theft or vandalism. With a soft or retractable roof, it may be easier for unauthorized individuals to access the interior, potentially compromising the security of the vehicle.
  5. Weather Sensitivity: Convertibles are more affected by adverse weather conditions. While it's true that they offer an open-air driving experience on sunny days, they become less practical in rain, snow, or extreme temperatures. The need to deploy or stow the roof can also be an inconvenience.
  6. Higher Cost: Convertible models often come with a higher price tag than their hardtop counterparts. The convertible feature adds complexity to the design and manufacturing process, contributing to the increased cost.
  7. Resale Value: Convertibles may depreciate faster than hardtops. The convertible market tends to be more niche, and potential buyers may be limited, affecting the resale value of these vehicles.
  8. Safety Concerns: Some argue that convertibles may be less safe in the event of a rollover accident. While modern convertibles are equipped with safety features to mitigate this concern, the perception of increased risk persists among certain consumers.
It's important to note that these points don't apply universally, and many convertible enthusiasts appreciate the unique driving experience and aesthetic appeal that convertibles offer. Personal preferences, lifestyle, and driving habits play a significant role in determining whether a convertible is the right choice for an individual.

I have other cars to address other needs. I want a car for nice weather and a top down experience where I can bring the family.

Also, no one who has every brought up the structural rigidity argument has ever driven a car hard enough where that mattered
Look at the tesla's with the glass roofs!

I don't want a simulated outside experience inside the video game of cars. I want the actual outside experience, preferably with a burbling V8 before those go the way of the dodo bird. Teslas are fine automobiles, but not the answer to every question.

I have other cars to address other needs. I want a car for nice weather and a top down experience where I can bring the family.

Also, no one who has every brought up the structural rigidity argument has ever driven a car hard enough where that mattered

I don't want a simulated outside experience inside the video game of cars. I want the actual outside experience, preferably with a burbling V8 before those go the way of the dodo bird. Teslas are fine automobiles, but not the answer to every question.
Notice - I did say roadsters are okay...