Small school undergrad vs. Large school undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oldtimememory

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I go to a small liberal arts college. Not many people outside of my region have even heard of my school, but it has a tough science department and I feel like I am being well prepared for future schooling. Also, I have to complete a lot of extra classes to satisfy my "liberal arts" credits. Do pharmacy schools show any advantage to people to go to large schools over those who go to small schools, or vice versa?
 
I go to a small liberal arts college. Not many people outside of my region have even heard of my school, but it has a tough science department and I feel like I am being well prepared for future schooling. Also, I have to complete a lot of extra classes to satisfy my "liberal arts" credits. Do pharmacy schools show any advantage to people to go to large schools over those who go to small schools, or vice versa?

To be honest, not really. Only situations where I can see an advantage is if the student came from an elite/top university (Ivy-ish), or if a student is applying to a pharm program within the same university (but even that's school specific)...ADCOM will more likely put emphasis on GPA/PCAT/Pharmacy Experience/Extracurricular.

I came from a small liberal arts school in NJ and I'm sitting in a class with kids from University of California system, Rutgers, Temple, etc.