small school vs. BIG school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arlington07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UT ARLINGTON VS. UT AUSTIN?
I am in desperate need of some advice from sum1 other than counselors! I am in a tough situation right know. I am currently a freshmen at University of Texas at Arlington, it is a fairly small school compared UT-AUSTIN. My first semester at UTA i took 16 hours and earned a 4.0 gpa. I took physics1,phys1lab, eng1, political science1, music, and trigonometry. This semester i am taking the second part of all those classes. As a pharmacy student i am wondering if i should stay at UTA and maintain a somewhat high gpa - i am hoping around a 3.7-4.0 or if i should go do my pre-pharm at UT-AUSTIN, a highly reputable school. I know if i go to Austin I will certainly not do as well because the courses there are way harder. But is it better to do okay at AUSTIN or pretty good at Arlington which is easier? Im trying to get into a pharmacy school as fast as possible hopefully w.o a bachelors? Can anyone give me any advice? also if i go to Austin...i will have to build up a whole new GPA

Members don't see this ad.

didn't you ask this earlier?

stay where you are...doesn't matter where you go for undergrad, besides..it's not like arlington is going down the crapper. it's still a very good school.

you don't need a bachelors degree to get into pharmacy school (although some schools look at it favorably--but keep up your GPA the way you are, and you won't have to worry about that)

i asked about pharmacy school last time not undergrad...thnx for your advice though.....
many people tell me that UT-Austin will be a better experience and will better prepare me for PCAT/PHARM school.