small situation-help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for a response back from School X. This school calls people they accept to let them know. I'm going abroad and will have sketchy cellphone service for the next four or five months and at some points may not even have cell service at all. Can I call, explain my situation, and expect that if they know anything, they'll tell me?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting for a response back from School X. This school calls people they accept to let them know. I'm going abroad and will have sketchy cellphone service for the next four or five months and at some points may not even have cell service at all. Can I call, explain my situation, and expect that if they know anything, they'll tell me?

Try. If not, change your voicemail to "Hi, thanks for calling Obsessive-Dental-Applicant. I am having a fabulous time in _________ and will have spotty cell phone service. I will return your call within 48 hrs."

seems like it would work to me!

have fun

Leave your cellphone with your mom and if Columbia calls, have her pretend to be you.

Members don't see this ad :)

Dont worry, just give them my number instead... You can tell them to call me, i'll give you the message... :thumbup:

Getting info out of stony brook is impossible... good luck trying, but they won't tell you jackshhheeeittt homie.

Getting info out of stony brook is impossible... good luck trying, but they won't tell you jackshhheeeittt homie.

I know.. their acceptances are kept more seceret than government testing at area 51..... lol....

Try. If not, change your voicemail to "Hi, thanks for calling Obsessive-Dental-Applicant. I am having a fabulous time in _________ and will have spotty cell phone service. I will return your call within 48 hrs."

seems like it would work to me!

have fun

when I read this, I was cracking up so bad !:D :D :laugh: :laugh:

damnit. okay well im going to call towards the end of the week and try to be extra super sweet and maybe maybe they'll tell me something. and i cant give any parentals or siblings my phone because theyre all going to be off on their respective trips.hrmph. thanks kids!

Even if Columbia does tell you something, you still have to fill out the forms that they will send you.

damnit. okay well im going to call towards the end of the week and try to be extra super sweet and maybe maybe they'll tell me something. and i cant give any parentals or siblings my phone because theyre all going to be off on their respective trips.hrmph. thanks kids!

Just let them know that you'll be out of the country and ask them to send you an e-mail regarding your status once it has been determined.