Smash Bros WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SportPonies

Tie Goon
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

tumblr_nbl3meM6Mf1qf5hjqo1_500.gif

Smash Bros: the game that brings people together, only to tear friendships apart.

You guys are all lucky enough to be part of the first SDN brawl- what better way to spend your free time than mercilessly throwing all your best buds off the stage? Of course, games on SDN never seem to go quite as planned: some players among us seem to be a little more merciless than the rest. It is on the rest of you to weasel those people out and defend Smash Kingdom!

super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds-cgi.gif

Rules:
1. You may PM with the person above and below you on the roster. If you are the last person on the roster, you may pm with the first person on the roster. Please include the mods in your PMs.
2. No screenshots.
3. Don't edit lynch votes. It is okay to edit regular posts.
4. Lynch may close early if discussion stops and there's an overwhelming majority.
5. Early actions and contingency actions are much appreciated
6. Dead must post in **** stars ****
7. Lynch closes at 9 PM CST. Night closes at 5 AM CST or whenever mods finish the write up

If you did not receive a role PM, please let me know. All role PMs should be out. Mods are @kaydubs ("Mr. Kay and Watch") and @SportPonies ("IDK, Probably Epona")

Game starts now, with first lynch close at 9 PM CST tomorrow (Friday) night. Get lynching!​

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch redlauren/kara this is really only because the hydra thing confuses me.

This lynch vote is likely to change but figure someone has to start somewhere so we can see some reactions and get the ball rolling from there.

Reactions: 1 user

This lynch vote is likely to change but figure someone has to start somewhere so we can see some reactions and get the ball rolling from there.

Why does it confuse you?

Lynch bryndiana

Because they and Elfabeth are the only names I don't recognize, unknowns always make me paranoid, and she/he/axolotl won (or lost?) the coin toss I made between the two.

Will probably change tomorrow if I make it back from the piggo barn early enough to make meaningful contributions hahaha

Having to remember who is teamed together as one player/having to evaluate their posts as one despite different writing and playing styles. Easier to get mixed readings on one player when it is actually two players as one.
I think they are playing where only one of them (lauren, maybe?) posts on thread, the other only exists in their private pm chat.

So really it's less of a hydra and more of a Kronk style argument with both personas on their shoulder only they can see:shrug:

Edited because I changed tense like 8 times

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch Coop

because I'm cheap

I think they are playing where only one of them (lauren, maybe?) posts on thread, the other only exists in their private pm chat.

So really it's less of a hydra and more of a Kronk style argument with both personas on their shoulder only they can see:shrug:

Edited because I changed tense like 8 times
This is correct. I need to confirm with Kara but I’m pretty sure I’m the only one that will be posting. She will be refered to as “the voice in my head”.

Having to remember who is teamed together as one player/having to evaluate their posts as one despite different writing and playing styles. Easier to get mixed readings on one player when it is actually two players as one.
Seems like over explanation... will note for later.

Lynch bryndiana

Because they and Elfabeth are the only names I don't recognize, unknowns always make me paranoid, and she/he/axolotl won (or lost?) the coin toss I made between the two.

Will probably change tomorrow if I make it back from the piggo barn early enough to make meaningful contributions hahaha
I appreciate this.

Reactions: 5 users
Lynch bryndiana

as far as I am concerned, you are more of an unknown than BJ, the pot kettle thing here has my eyebrow raised

if we play the "let's lynch the noobs" game this early on, she's not top of my list

regarding DVMD's vote for the hydra, I'll say that I usually use her logic on that, in that I find analyzing hydras too problematic, but in this case I would let Kara guide the total noob (RL's first game ever) for at least a day.

When I wolf, I maintain what seems to me :rolleyes: a subtle relationship with noobs: I call for their slaughter or I call to keep them, depending on what I need more, easy mis-lynch or the chaos distraction factor from their survival. It's hard to go wrong with using noobs this way.

When I am not a wolf, I tend to err on the side of not lynching them to a stupid degree. I like to wait until I feel like I have a legit reason to vote them since I don't want to ruin their game over typical noob mistakes, or give the wolves easy distraction and mislynch. Perhaps I believe that noob wolves are less of an overall threat, and that they will make a mistake that makes them relatively easy to finger as we play.

This is all my way of saying don't lynch the noobs just on principle or a throwaway vote. I find it sketchy.

Not saying that DVMD's vote was with the knowledge that RL is a noob, perhaps not. Still catches my eye, though. Villagers and wolves alike have reason to want to be rid of hydras fast. So that part is null tell. Going for the noob, tingles. Unless she didn't know, or maybe that's part of her reasoning.

As much as I say don't go after noobs for pure noobiness, I don't know that SAR going for BJ is really a noob thing on SAR's part. It strikes me more wolfy in this case. I could elaborate, but for now:

lynch SAR

Lynch bryndiana

The Mel like on this is also giving me feels on both.

Seems like over explanation... will note for later.

She sounds like typical DVMD to me at this point.

The one who sounded like over explanation (and yes, I'm keeping noob status in mind) was SAR.

OTOH I'm getting wolfy tingles now from you... maybe because your post content there was good.... too good... like, trying too hard to look like a thoughtful helpful villager good

That could be because my gut said, "DVMD wasn't overexplaining!" "SAR is an example of overexplaining a poor explanation (BJ isn't really that new)" and then "Mixed Animals is making a good point!" EXCEPT that DVMD isn't out of her meta here. And SAR's explanation was also over-explaining. So why not call it out MA? So either you're making a good point about Time will tell it seems.

It's not enough to make a good point. The individual making it has to be acting with consistent logic. That will vary person by person.

But making a good point about one person's behavior being suspicious, but not another's.... could be an honest error, but it could also be wolfy.

When people say things they know not to be true... is SAR so new that she doesn't know BJ isn't new? Then why would she call BJ new? How would she know? Is she a noob looking for an easy vote? That sounds more wolfy than village noob. If SAR isn't that new, than surely she must know that BJ isn't a noob? So why vote there?

Then with MA calling out DVMD and not SAR for the same thing.

And Mel is in on this somewhere, I just know it.

Lynch elf because I don't know them.

To put in perspective, I've called out people voting noobs. To illustrate my point above somewhat, I will say that this is classic Coop. It's in her meta and I can't call it wolfy or otherwise.

This reads wolfy af to me. Yes, a wolf should never act this gleeful and stirring the pot about conflict in the thread (yes, we need conflict village), but that wouldn't exactly stop one, either.

If you're village, this post surely doesn't seem like it.

*psssst* Cray SAR's not a noob, just plays off and on and so doesn't keep up with the influx of new players

How does this affect your theory?

*psssst* Cray SAR's not a noob, just plays off and on and so doesn't keep up with the influx of new players

How does this affect your theory?

As I said, I still don't like it for other reasons. The gleeful popcorn. Picking on a noob, whether veteran or not. I mentioned why the DVMD and Coop votes for noobs didn't seem outside their meta. Yes, since you say SAR is not a noob, then perhaps it's in her meta to vote noobs this early on. But I don't know that, and the rest of it still seems less than innocent.

I could swing to MA at this point, however, given your point, Mel.

Lynch Tally, Unofficial Midnight Version

Lauren/Kara (2) - DVMD, MOOSE
Bryn (1) - SAR
Coop (1) - AM
Genny (1) - BBC
BBC (1) - Pippy
Paws (1) - Mixy
Elf (1) - Coop
SAR (1) - Cray

9/27 voting
21 ish hours remain

Lynch bryndiana

The noob vote bothers me, but the 'I might be back before close' when we have 21 freaking hours left really bothers me.

Lynch Mixy

For her comment on DVMD's vote, and also a good number of fluff posts already.