SMP at EVMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alan06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if someone has already answered this question. What is the class size and is it too late for applying now? Also, what is the linkage rate? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

EVMS website http://www.evms.edu/hlthprof/ms-bio-medical/index.html

Application deadline:

Application Procedure
  • Complete and submit the online application along with the $60 application fee no later than April 1 prior to the beginning of the Fall semester.
Class size (from their FAQs):

We currently accept approximately 20 students in the program.
The program website says that 85% go on to med school, but here's what one SDNer has to say:

The program mission is simple, if you do well and dont polarize yourself, you'll get in. Essentially, to quote one of our professors, you have a spot waiting for you in the med class and its only yours to lose. That being said, if you work hard and put in the time, you will do well. Its simple physics. The M1s have about 15 hours of more class than us per week (Anatomy and Introduction to the patient) so our afternoons are free to study study study. Everyone here is really on our side and only hope the best for us. M1s actually ask us for help a lot of the time.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=5787841&postcount=756

Thank you for your response. It seems like that they already sent out some acceptances already. I guess it's a disadvantage to send it in now, but hey you'll never know right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Alan,

Refer to the following thread for a lot of your questions. I'm sure if you have a question, it'll be covered there. It has years of posts on there and its probably the most comprehensive source of information on EVMS out there right now.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=273697&page=16

Class size will probably be around 23-25 I'm guessing. Its currently 23 but its been going up by a couple every year.

By being in this program, you are guaranteed an interview at EVMS.

Applying right now does not put you at a disadvantage at all. I think an overwhelming number of the applications come in after winter break when the outlook starts looking bad for current med school applicants. I know I applied towards the end of January and I got in. People had gotten in before I submitted my application as well.

At the same time, do not delay your app! I hear the current number of applications submitted has gone up a lot thanks largely to greater awareness through SDN. Maybe some of my classmates can address this in the other EVMS thread?

Hey Alan,

Refer to the following thread for a lot of your questions. I'm sure if you have a question, it'll be covered there. It has years of posts on there and its probably the most comprehensive source of information on EVMS out there right now.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=273697&page=16

Class size will probably be around 23-25 I'm guessing. Its currently 23 but its been going up by a couple every year.

By being in this program, you are guaranteed an interview at EVMS.

Applying right now does not put you at a disadvantage at all. I think an overwhelming number of the applications come in after winter break when the outlook starts looking bad for current med school applicants. I know I applied towards the end of January and I got in. People had gotten in before I submitted my application as well.

At the same time, do not delay your app! I hear the current number of applications submitted has gone up a lot thanks largely to greater awareness through SDN. Maybe some of my classmates can address this in the other EVMS thread?

i want to re-emphasize that it's definitely not too late to apply now. the majority of applicants, i believe, apply when they start receiving rejections/waitlists. so it's still early.