SMP deadlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t man

Epoxi-Lips
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
obviously, the earlier the better, but when is it considered unofficially late to be applying to SMPs. i'd especially like to hear from those who were accepted in past cycles.

Members don't see this ad.

I think EVMS' deadline is April 1st, and Drexel's is the first Friday in July. Georgetown's is May 15th or something like that. I was accepted to EVMS last month for the class starting this August.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think EVMS' deadline is April 1st, and Drexel's is the first Friday in July. Georgetown's is May 15th or something like that. I was accepted to EVMS last month for the class starting this August.

Just wondering about your stats...

does anyone know drexel's requirements..can't seem to find it...

I am pretty sure that the reqs for drexel are: GPA 2.9, MCAT 20.

This was under the faq section:

Over the past five years, the program has averaged more than 600 applications for 100 seats in IMS and 40 seats in MSP. For both programs, the average GPA is 3.2. The average MCAT for the IMS program is above a 27 and the average MCAT for the MSP program is in the low 20's. In addition, the program evaluates the applicant's exposure to health care as well as community and volunteer activities.

hope this helps :)

obviously, the earlier the better, but when is it considered unofficially late to be applying to SMPs. i'd especially like to hear from those who were accepted in past cycles.

I've heard from a few people in the Georgetown/BU post-bac programs that they get the majority of their applications late in the cycle, like April/May. So if you apply before say April, you'd probably be considered early.

That may simply be on the tenet that there are many students out there (especially if they havnt received an acceptance already) take the April MCAT. Whether they mean Complete in April or submitted in april may differ- however usually the ideal time to apply is in Feb/March if you push your letter writers to get your letters done ASAP

Does anybody know if you need to have taken all 4 years of pre-med courses + MCAT scores by the application deadline? What if I only have 3 years + no MCAT yet?