• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

t man

Epoxi-Lips
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
obviously, the earlier the better, but when is it considered unofficially late to be applying to SMPs. i'd especially like to hear from those who were accepted in past cycles.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I would assume that applying in April would start becoming late.

ilovescience

10+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think EVMS' deadline is April 1st, and Drexel's is the first Friday in July. Georgetown's is May 15th or something like that. I was accepted to EVMS last month for the class starting this August.

About the Ads

holycow

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I think EVMS' deadline is April 1st, and Drexel's is the first Friday in July. Georgetown's is May 15th or something like that. I was accepted to EVMS last month for the class starting this August.

Just wondering about your stats...

holycow

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
does anyone know drexel's requirements..can't seem to find it...

DrSumdae

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am pretty sure that the reqs for drexel are: GPA 2.9, MCAT 20.

ilovescience

10+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This was under the faq section:

Over the past five years, the program has averaged more than 600 applications for 100 seats in IMS and 40 seats in MSP. For both programs, the average GPA is 3.2. The average MCAT for the IMS program is above a 27 and the average MCAT for the MSP program is in the low 20's. In addition, the program evaluates the applicant's exposure to health care as well as community and volunteer activities.

hope this helps :)

drbear

10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
obviously, the earlier the better, but when is it considered unofficially late to be applying to SMPs. i'd especially like to hear from those who were accepted in past cycles.

I've heard from a few people in the Georgetown/BU post-bac programs that they get the majority of their applications late in the cycle, like April/May. So if you apply before say April, you'd probably be considered early.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
That may simply be on the tenet that there are many students out there (especially if they havnt received an acceptance already) take the April MCAT. Whether they mean Complete in April or submitted in april may differ- however usually the ideal time to apply is in Feb/March if you push your letter writers to get your letters done ASAP

doc-oc!

Aug 18, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Does anybody know if you need to have taken all 4 years of pre-med courses + MCAT scores by the application deadline? What if I only have 3 years + no MCAT yet?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.