SMP programs with direct entry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LakerFan888

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched the forums for anything on this topic but couldn't find anything. Are there any programs that have a direct entry into the med school if you achieve a certain gpa?

I know Temple University has a one year program like this but don't know about any other schools.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I read about a summer program that guaranteed you an interview for the med school upon completion, but I can't recall which. It made it seem like you'd have a great chance of being accepted to the med school.

I'd be interested to learn more about this too.

You might want to ask this in the post-bacc thread instead (under "interdisciplinary")

Members don't see this ad :)
Creighton University... keep above a 3.5 and they'll let you in. But I think only 7 people get into the program.

FSU does something kind of like this. They have the "bridge prprogram" which involves a masters followed by automatic matriculation to ms1 the following year assuming you stay above a certain GPA. The catch is that you don't actually apply to the masters program - you apply for the MD and they pick about a dozen URMs that are weak in their GPA or MCAT, but otherwise show promise.

This only really helps FL residents, our OOS tuition is stupid high.