SMP Timing /Deadline issues

Started by emericana
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

emericana

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Confused with how the timing works for SMPs.

I deferred a year from BU's MAMS...

mainly because of personal issues, financial and family issues I would rather not discuss.

Anywho, I have guaranteed acceptance into this program for next year because of my deferral.

I am working on getting a good MCAT score now. I have not taken the exam but lets in theory say I can score 27+ .

I do not care if I go to MD or DO. It does not make a difference to me what school or what the letters are at the end of my name. I just want to be a physician.

My undergrad gpa was 3.1cum/3.1 sci in molecular bio hence the need for the SMP.

Now to the main question.

Lets say I start this BU MAMS next fall 2011 and I kill it getting a 3.6GPA or higher.

Because I am STARTING this program in fall 2011, I would not qualify for admissions to a MD/DO program until fall 2013 correct? There is no way to matriculate in fall 2012 because I would have missed the deadlines? This program is only a year long... or rather can be completed in a year. What am I supposed to for the year in between? Very confused with the timing. Help?