SMP vs Independant Status

Started by Gavanshir
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gavanshir

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I'm an American student in Canada and I have a semester left to finish my B.Sc. with a 3.4 GPA and have the option here to remain an independant student and take as many undergrad courses as I want to improve my GPA or even do a new undergrad degree in 2 years, this at a very low cost tuition since I'm also a Canadian citizen.

So I'm just wondering if there would be any advantage to me coming back down for an SMP program to improve my stats and paying the hefty tuition + cost of living. The only real advantage I've seen so far has been the programs with "linkages" that may offer a backdoor into some schools given a high performance.

Thanks.
 
Depends. Do you think you can improve your GPA to around a 3.6 in those two years? If you can, its not worth doing a SMP, since its a last resort. If you have many credits already, then SMP might be an option.