busrider25
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've received acceptances from the four programs I am interested in attending. SMU, WesternU, Scholl, and Arizona. I am thrilled. I am hoping to hear from current students to get insights into the following questions I still have.
1) SMU - Recent curriculum changes. A recent post from the university that 100% of their 2024 cohort passed their APMLE II. What changed? How is the school getting better or worse? What do you attribute the low passage rates from APMLE I and II in the past? Do folks feel well prepare for boards? How is their teaching? How does SMU prepare you for CRIPS?
2) WesternU - What does the additional DO programming look like in practice? How do you find it beneficial to podiatry? Their students have good representation at more competitive, West Coast residency programs. I want to practice in the Bay Area long term.
3) Scholl - I liked their approach to teaching/learning and additional opportunities (MPH, MBA, etc.) because of Rosalind Franklin. My concern is it's in Chicago. I'm seeking to setup shop long-term in San Francisco. What is landing residency (or even getting into a rotation during 3rd/4th yr) in Bay Area like for Midwest applicants? Have you seen it done? If I'm in California or Arizona, am I eligible to gain externship at Scholl? Scholl seems to have a comprehensive training arm.
4) Arizona - Their passage rates for exams is consistently high. Why do you as a student think the school has such high success? What is it doing right? What does placement for residency look like? Do folks here crack into the Bay Area for training?
Thank you!
1) SMU - Recent curriculum changes. A recent post from the university that 100% of their 2024 cohort passed their APMLE II. What changed? How is the school getting better or worse? What do you attribute the low passage rates from APMLE I and II in the past? Do folks feel well prepare for boards? How is their teaching? How does SMU prepare you for CRIPS?
2) WesternU - What does the additional DO programming look like in practice? How do you find it beneficial to podiatry? Their students have good representation at more competitive, West Coast residency programs. I want to practice in the Bay Area long term.
3) Scholl - I liked their approach to teaching/learning and additional opportunities (MPH, MBA, etc.) because of Rosalind Franklin. My concern is it's in Chicago. I'm seeking to setup shop long-term in San Francisco. What is landing residency (or even getting into a rotation during 3rd/4th yr) in Bay Area like for Midwest applicants? Have you seen it done? If I'm in California or Arizona, am I eligible to gain externship at Scholl? Scholl seems to have a comprehensive training arm.
4) Arizona - Their passage rates for exams is consistently high. Why do you as a student think the school has such high success? What is it doing right? What does placement for residency look like? Do folks here crack into the Bay Area for training?
Thank you!