snell anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dontwantaids

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how well do clinical problem solving questions on Clinical Anantomy by Richard Snell (7th ed) correlate with actual questions on usmle anatomy?

how well do clinical cases in Gray's Anatomy (students' ed) correlate with cases presented in USMLE anatomy?

How about questions found on the end of chapters on Lippincott Biochemistry (3rd ed)? Are they similar to USMLE biochemistry questions?

How important is lymphatics in USMLE? I mean, is it necessary to know the lymph drainage of different organs. I was solving a question on Snell, and one of the answer choices states "lymphatic drainage of rectum takes place first into pararectal lymph nodes".

Members don't see this ad.

Gross anatomy is extremely low yield...lucky if you get 10 questions (that's including embryo too!) Know your 3 P's!!!

BRS Gross Anatomy??? Yeah, right....maybe if your trying to become a TRUE anatomist.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow thats crazy... my medical seems to really emphasize anatomy... infact most of our classes are anatomy... and we are recommended to use Grey's anatomy, alongside snell for clinical correlation... and netter's for pictures, and langman for embryo... bla bla bla

Your best bet is to study radiology. You will not have any gross anatomy, it will all be CT/MRI's.

Outside of neuroanatomy (of which you could have a dozen questions on alone), you will have a sprinkle of GI, genital/ureteral and/or musculoskeletal (brachial plexus, rotator cuff). Focus on vasculature and on relationships (they love to ask what vessel runs anterior to other vessels and so forth).