SNMA AMEC 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futuredoctahhh

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys!

I attended AMEC during my freshman year of undergrad and loved it! Unfortunately, since I was unsuccessful at starting a MAPS chapter at my school, I didn't get as involved with SNMA as I wanted to.

I'm hoping to become an active SNMA member when I start medical school, but I'm wondering about the benefits of attending AMEC as an incoming medical student.

Will it be beneficial for me now, or will I kind of be "lost" because I'm no longer an undergraduate pre-med and not yet an actual medical student?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
 
Hi guys!

I attended AMEC during my freshman year of undergrad and loved it! Unfortunately, since I was unsuccessful at starting a MAPS chapter at my school, I didn't get as involved with SNMA as I wanted to.

I'm hoping to become an active SNMA member when I start medical school, but I'm wondering about the benefits of attending AMEC as an incoming medical student.

Will it be beneficial for me now, or will I kind of be "lost" because I'm no longer an undergraduate pre-med and not yet an actual medical student?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

A: its gonna be a lituation!
B: Yes, you should go. I've spoken with several 2nd and 3rd yrs that have told me it is very important to begin networking as soon as possible