So caribbean may yet still be in my future again.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldreams

American Mensa Member :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So caribbean may yet still be in my future again.

MUA appears to be my next target school. Seems to actually be a decent and up and coming school.

Going to medical, and even more so, one in the caribbean, takes a lot of planning.

1)Finances appear to be ok, especially if any one of my 4 money making plans work out and/or i get a small loan.

2)Safety. The island actually has crazy strict laws and enforcement. I am actually more worried about doing something wrong out of ignorance than i am worried about crime. Its safer there than in a day care in the usa.

3)Practical? It is one of just a small handful of schools that actually have new york accredidation. This alone speaks very well of the school. A number of other high points makes this a good school. Average USMLE passage rates are between 85-91% which looks very good.

4)Dangerous events? El Nino is actually expected to make a very strong come back in 2008-2009: http://www.dynapred.com/_Predictions/El-Nino/Nino3-9805_Nino3-0304/Nino3AN_0304-0707L2.gif

This indicates a very good chance that there would be a far below normal hurricane season in the atlantic. The goverment is very stable.

The only thing that could give a bad outcome would be some sort of war that the USA becomes involved in (iran).

5)Job Outlook? As the USA continues to focus on universal healthcare, using other countries as examples, this can only mean good things for an already booming job market for doctors. Some detractions from this are that as Doctors are so scarce in some rural areas, states are making it legal for nurses and psychologists - both of which have little to no pharmaceutical training - to sign drug scripts without a doctor. This is dangerous but also detracts from the need of a doctor. I am actually currently involved on several engineering projects that are putting in mini-medical clinics within stores such as Price Choppers and Hen Houses that will give ppl a cheaper and faster alternative to seeing a doctor. Note - this is an alternative - there wont be any doctor around when they are drawing blood and signing scripts for drugs.

Overall, appears to be a decent timing for the plan. Little risk to large return.

Members don't see this ad.

MUA is a decent school, SIster school ( owned by same people) of SABA

You dropped out of that bogus school you were in? What was it called again?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh Goodness. First, Mensa and then MUA.

Trolling? I remember a long time ago when the OP claimed they went to KCUMB (osteopathic school). Hmmm... UD DO --> totally unaccredited diploma mill --> MUA?

Trolling? I remember a long time ago when the OP claimed they went to KCUMB (osteopathic school). Hmmm... UD DO --> totally unaccredited diploma mill --> MUA?

Yes, you are trolling, on my thread. Please stop harassing me.

:(

Not trolling, just questioning your honesty.

Not trolling, just questioning your honesty.

honesty of what exactly? that I "MAY" be going back to the caribbean, that "MUA appears to be my next target school" ?? what is the hard to believe phrase?

I believe I am currently feeding the troll. please feel free to prove me otherwise.

The problem is that you are condescending and needy at the same time. You are the Senator Craig of SDN.

honesty of what exactly? that I "MAY" be going back to the caribbean, that "MUA appears to be my next target school" ?? what is the hard to believe phrase?

I believe I am currently feeding the troll. please feel free to prove me otherwise.

Yes, I do question whether you are looking to go to MUA. First, you calimed to be at a US osteopathic medical school. Then, you claimed to be at a school that isn't listed in IMED. Why would someone go from a US medical school to somewhere which is not legitimate in any way, shape, or form? Then, on to door #3, MUA.

Financially, it seems like quite an ambitious and scatter-brained plan, to say the least. I am honestly curious as to what has prompted you to make these decisions. What kind of debt are you in? DO schools are not cheap. Northern Medical School doesn't qualify for Staddord's, meaning you probably have some substantial private loans. Are you Canadian? I don't know how their state loans work, but I've heard TERI loans being thrown around a lot. Or have you funded these schools from a savings account?

Seriously, this is quite a situation; I'd like to know how it all came to be this way.

If you think I'm trolling, or what have you, feel free to disregard this post and not respond. Makes no matter to me.

Yes, I do question whether you are looking to go to MUA. First, you calimed to be at a US osteopathic medical school. Then, you claimed to be at a school that isn't listed in IMED. Why would someone go from a US medical school to somewhere which is not legitimate in any way, shape, or form? Then, on to door #3, MUA.

Financially, it seems like quite an ambitious and scatter-brained plan, to say the least. I am honestly curious as to what has prompted you to make these decisions. What kind of debt are you in? DO schools are not cheap. Northern Medical School doesn't qualify for Staddord's, meaning you probably have some substantial private loans. Are you Canadian? I don't know how their state loans work, but I've heard TERI loans being thrown around a lot. Or have you funded these schools from a savings account?

Seriously, this is quite a situation; I'd like to know how it all came to be this way.

If you think I'm trolling, or what have you, feel free to disregard this post and not respond. Makes no matter to me.

This is all personal information that I do not feel the need to divulge over a public forum.

The problem is that you are condescending and needy at the same time. You are the Senator Craig of SDN.

I dunno we all need to laugh at someone at times.............(and glad we are not them!):sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't agree.

This board is anonymous so if people want real advice, we need real info.

Its not really that anonymous. My personal situation would be such that i would be uniquely identifiable.

Further, I have contributed all of the "real advice" i feel compelled to give. Some of us are apparently just more free with their "advice" than others.

We all feel we are unique and special, but most people go through the same things:

Dealing with death
Dealing with abuse
Dealing with immigration issues
Dealing with psychological issues
Dealing with money problems
Dealing with relationship problems
Dealing with work problems

etc...

Unless you were probed by space aliens, you are not unique and no one from the 'red team'* carib schools care enough to read the boards to use information against you...

Hell, there was a bat**** crazy girl on valuemd who posted all kinds of weird things and everyone knew who she was, but she was still accepted (and failed out of) Ross.

*red team means non-top 4 schools

Its not really that anonymous. My personal situation would be such that i would be uniquely identifiable.

Further, I have contributed all of the "real advice" i feel compelled to give. Some of us are apparently just more free with their "advice" than others.

Hell, there was a bat**** crazy girl on valuemd who posted all kinds of weird things and everyone knew who she was, but she was still accepted (and failed out of) Ross.

Lmao, the terseness you used here really did it for me. I suppose laughing over the financial ruin and crushed dreams of a young lady isn't the most compassionate thing, but hell, this is the risk she took when she headed over to the Islands.

Lmao, the terseness you used here really did it for me. I suppose laughing over the financial ruin and crushed dreams of a young lady isn't the most compassionate thing, but hell, this is the risk she took when she headed over to the Islands.

LOL.. I didn't even mention that she was accepted (and kicked out of) a US medical school before Ross.

I think she is on the red team now...well, at least for this semester. She was very condescending and thought very highly of her looks so that is why my sympathy train left the station without her on it.

LOL.. I didn't even mention that she was accepted (and kicked out of) a US medical school before Ross.

I think she is on the red team now...well, at least for this semester. She was very condescending and thought very highly of her looks so that is why my sympathy train left the station without her on it.

Good lord. If she could get into a med school having failed out of a different one -- and twice!? She must be good looking.

DAMN... she must have went to the most pathetic excuse of an undergraduate school. Apparently they gave her the grades to get in, but not the skills to get through.

That, or she gave a lot of "favors," to adcoms:thumbup:

Please note that personally insulting other users is a violation of the SDN Terms of Service agreement that you signed when you registered your accounty here.

If you find conflicting information or disagree with a post, you may politely question the user as to what the real story is or simply post your disagree with statements made, but there is no need to question the OP's morals.

Additionally, the OP is to be reminded that SDNers are a shrewd crew and will seek out misinformation if they suspect it. Your privacy is of concern, but if users feel that your question cannot be answered without additional information, you must respect that. Please consider using the Mentor forums if you wish more confidential answers to your queries.

Thank you everyone for your cooperation and understanding.

We're a big happy family now, don't worry: we're just making sure cooldreams doesn't make another financial mistake.

Please note that personally insulting other users is a violation of the SDN Terms of Service agreement that you signed when you registered your accounty here.

If you find conflicting information or disagree with a post, you may politely question the user as to what the real story is or simply post your disagree with statements made, but there is no need to question the OP's morals.

Additionally, the OP is to be reminded that SDNers are a shrewd crew and will seek out misinformation if they suspect it. Your privacy is of concern, but if users feel that your question cannot be answered without additional information, you must respect that. Please consider using the Mentor forums if you wish more confidential answers to your queries.

Thank you everyone for your cooperation and understanding.

Thank you for your canned response. I say it to be canned because i never asked any question on this original thread topic. But thanks anyways. I see you at least tried.

We're a big happy family now, don't worry: we're just making sure cooldreams doesn't make another financial mistake.

Making sure as in how? You rank right up there with discarded soil with regards to reputation in my view. Even so, I never asked for advice. I simply stated my findings and conclusions. Thank you for your insulting commentary. It is apparently not against TOS, so continue to to spew your POS thoughts how you are doing.

but whatever you do, dont type "I like to go swimming..." or else it will for some reason be against the TOS, as reported by bananaface.

ta-ta

Thank you for your canned response. I say it to be canned because i never asked any question on this original thread topic. But thanks anyways. I see you at least tried.

You mean to say 'candid' response.

That is so lovely that you are talking about someone who is not even present to defend herself. Though these boards claim to be anon, i do, exactly, know of whom you are speaking.

That was in poor taste Gilligan. I hope you do not mind my "cutesy" names I will now employ, as you have already refered to me in a demeaning way as Senator Craig and have shown it to not be against TOS, then I take these to be just fine as well. The TOS state

"Topics of Discussion
Generally speaking, however, profanity, vulgar language, and personal attacks are not acceptable in any forum."

So apparently, the TOS are quite subjective, as this thread has become quite a testimony of. I actually asked for its closure because of the majority of posts being off topic and apparently personal attacks. I guess I am the only one that sees it as such.

You mean to say 'candid' response.

Again your regretfully mediocre mind has mumbled up contextual communication. CANNED was in fact my intended word as you would have been able to gather had you been able to conceptually grasp a single sentence in which i repeat myself and define why i chose the word canned. You are simply brilliant.

DAMN... she must have went to the most pathetic excuse of an undergraduate school. Apparently they gave her the grades to get in, but not the skills to get through.

That, or she gave a lot of "favors," to adcoms:thumbup:

I assume you know this for a fact because you wouldnt want to be called out as gossiping, would you?

Good lord. If she could get into a med school having failed out of a different one -- and twice!? She must be good looking.

Or perhaps a very serious extenuating circumstance that is far more complex than you are capable of contemplating. Go home and attempt to develop a few more neuron pathways... you need them.

We all feel we are unique and special, but most people go through the same things:

Dealing with death
Dealing with abuse
Dealing with immigration issues
Dealing with psychological issues
Dealing with money problems
Dealing with relationship problems
Dealing with work problems

etc...

Unless you were probed by space aliens, you are not unique and no one from the 'red team'* carib schools care enough to read the boards to use information against you...

I am no more unique than the next human and never claimed to be. However my history within this community is such that I would be able to be uniquely identified, if it has not already happend. And so, I will continue to move and type as I am, as I am quite content, typing away my built up frustrations musing the random know nothings that claim to be something better.

Oh, and my situation involves none of the above situations you attempted to define me within as being labeled among, including alien dissection.

Fair enough.:thumbup:

:laugh:

You have almost developed an intelligible sentence. I suggest you keep trying, such as you are, skirting the TOS, but apparently staying legal, nonetheless.

I dunno we all need to laugh at someone at times.............(and glad we are not them!):sleep:

But in so doing, you encourage those that instigate and you yourself become a corroborator in a societal plague. Reconsider the ramifications you are in fact promoting.

I assume you know this for a fact because you wouldnt want to be called out as gossiping, would you?

On gossip: I don't live my life according to the Good Book, so game on.

The paranoia and bitterness is quote unnecessary.

BTW, are you honestly Mensa? I'm not necessarily surprised. I personally like being in OLYMPIQ; great networking.

What's Mensa require these days, ~130? That's.... nice.

Haha, Senator Craig: red-blooded American, Methodist, rancher, bathroom sex-solicitor.

Apparently even though admitting guilt, he is still allowed to fight it, and as such, by law is still innocent. But thank you for attempting to become judge judy and executioner. I am sure you would love to be one of the two guards that gets to push the execution button.

Or perhaps a very serious extenuating circumstance that is far more complex than you are capable of contemplating. Go home and attempt to develop a few more neuron pathways... you need them.

Anyone who fails out of two medical schools has no common sense, let alone book-smarts. If you had these extenuating circumstances, and the problems have not resolved themselves, why would you throw yourself right back into school and more debt? If you fail out again, you severely limit your choices for the future.

Bottom line is if you fail out of med school twice, extenuating circumstances or not, you've clearly made some very poor decisions. You wouldn't fit my, or societies, definition of a smart person. You could still have a high IQ, of course, maybe even up to the 98th percentile.

BTW, are you honestly Mensa? I'm not necessarily surprised. I personally like being in OLYMPIQ; great networking.

That is pretty amazing. When did you join OLYMPIQ? What test did you use? How long after testing did you finally complete the process to join?

Apparently even though admitting guilt, he is still allowed to fight it, and as such, by law is still innocent. But thank you for attempting to become judge judy and executioner. I am sure you would love to be one of the two guards that gets to push the execution button.

I'm against the death penalty. You had a 50% chance at being right, though. There's always next time.

Anyone who fails out of two medical schools has no common sense, let alone book-smarts. If you had these extenuating circumstances, and the problems have not resolved themselves, why would you throw yourself right back into school and more debt? If you fail out again, you severely limit your choices for the future.

Bottom line is if you fail out of med school twice, extenuating circumstances or not, you've clearly made some very poor decisions. You wouldn't fit my, or societies, definition of a smart person. You could still have a high IQ, of course, maybe even up to the 98th percentile.

Again, you know this to be fact? Perhaps a new problem arose? Why be so harsh about someone else? Only a fool would attempt a better pose after belittling another human.

That is pretty amazing. When did you join OLYMPIQ? What test did you use? How long after testing did you finally complete the process to join?

Contrary to popular belief, sarcasm is not that difficult to pick up through a monitor; yours is particularly easy to sense.

I'm against the death penalty. You had a 50% chance at being right, though. There's always next time.

Actually much less than 50% if you knew about statistics. We can chat about that another time if you would like.

Contrary to popular belief, sarcasm is not that difficult to pick up through a monitor; yours is particularly easy to sense.

Afraid to answer a question? Sure, I am in disbelief, so fill in your story, or recant.

Afraid to answer a question? Sure, I am in disbelief, so fill in your story, or recant.

Took C.I.T. in '00, before the requirements changed. I wouldn't get in these days, granted, without taking a different test.

Its a funny thing, that IQ number is, start first by questioning what test. You could score the same on 3 different tests and have an IQ score spread of over 40. Being in the 180 sd16 IQ club, though, I am sure you knew this. I am sure you also knew that the club didnt start until a few years ago, and you surely must know that only a select number of tests can score someone that high. Thus, the questions I proposed were pointed and on topic because of my disbelief that someone counted among the top .0000003% of human intellect was unable to comprehend what you even wrote in a previous attempt to mock me.

Actually much less than 50% if you knew about statistics. We can chat about that another time if you would like.

Sure, I'd love a nice lecture. Unfortunately, if you continue with the current trollish behavior you are exhibiting in this thread, I don't think your account will be active and able to PM me much longer.

Wow... you're a hostile guy.
But you're right... I really do have a hard time imagining how someone could get into a med school having failed out of two others. If you have the patience, I'd love to hear about some of these extenuating circumstances.

Took C.I.T. in '00, before the requirements changed. I wouldn't get in these days, granted, without taking a different test.

Well good for you. I assume you did it fully on your own and without use of the cheatsheet that surfaced and later ended any use of Coojimans tests. Hence the reason they are no longer accepted for this fringe club.

Sure, I'd love a nice lecture. Unfortunately, if you continue with the current trollish behavior you are exhibiting in this thread, I don't think your account will be active and able to PM me much longer.

Gee I do hope you are no offended, not that that would actually even matter according to the subjective TOS.

I ALMOST wondered if you could be right. But as has been shown in this thread, I am well within TOS as shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.