Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I'm so confused, and I was wondering if you would be able to impart some advice.
I graduated from undergrad in 2004 and consolidated my loans with sallie mae, 21K (all fed subsidized). I worked for a year and paid off some of it. Then I started going to school (Jan 2006) for a masters program, which I took out another fed subsidized loan for, 2K. During the few months going to my masters program, I deferred my loan payments.
Now I will be attending school again in the Fall (Aug 2006), do I need to consolidate my previous loans again? Does consolidation waive my right to defer?
I thought I would just post here because I'm afraid of getting even more confused while talking to a loan rep.
Thank you so, so, so much in advance.
Juls
I graduated from undergrad in 2004 and consolidated my loans with sallie mae, 21K (all fed subsidized). I worked for a year and paid off some of it. Then I started going to school (Jan 2006) for a masters program, which I took out another fed subsidized loan for, 2K. During the few months going to my masters program, I deferred my loan payments.
Now I will be attending school again in the Fall (Aug 2006), do I need to consolidate my previous loans again? Does consolidation waive my right to defer?
I thought I would just post here because I'm afraid of getting even more confused while talking to a loan rep.
Thank you so, so, so much in advance.
Juls
