So confused. Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamilton221

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I signed up for my DAT I didn't realize I'd be applying this year. Long story short, I didn't send any reports. Now it's been almost 2 weeks since my test and no score report or anything on my AADAS app. Do I have to send the scores to the schools I want to apply to first? HELP

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure schools don't accept Unofficial Scores. Just submit your app. Once AADSAS receives your scores, they'll send them to the schools for you. Your application will be on hold until your application is complete so just wait and give it another week.

The score reports are sent automatically to the schools you've applied to as long as you checked off those schools when you first registered for the DAT. I remember designating all of the US schools since there was an option for that, and so you possibly may have as well. If you're not sure, log-in to ADA and check here by clicking on "My Account Summary" http://www.ada.org/en/education-careers/dentpin/my-account You should see which schools you've designated if you press "Display" under the Details heading.

If you haven't designated schools when you first registered, I think you're going to have to pay a la carte for a certain fee unfortunately.

Your official score report won't show up onto your AADSAS account until over 2 weeks later. Mine took around 17-18 days for it to finally upload. I took it August 8th and it was uploaded onto my AADSAS application on August 25th.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I never selected any schools. I have to pay a la carte now in order for the schools to get my DAT no matter what right? They won't be uploaded to the AADAS app right?

So I never selected any schools. I have to pay a la carte now in order for the schools to get my DAT no matter what right? They won't be uploaded to the AADAS app right?

That sucks :( I think the fee is like $75 per school? I may be wrong so you should check on that. I'm not sure if they'll be uploaded onto the AADSAS app. I don't see why not? They just won't be sent to the schools.

As long as you designate one school that participates in AADSAS, your DAT scores will get submitted to all schools you send your AADSAS application to. Not sure how it works since you didn't select any, but I would suggest giving them a call and seeing if you can designate one school.

Reactions: 1 users
Some schools will accept a scanned PDF copy of your unofficial transcript, but they still require the official one before accepting you to interview. Just apply and select the schools you want. Good luck!