So Discouraging =(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YoYoMa21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, nice to meet everyone! :love:

I started studying for the DAT about a month ago and stopped after a week due to some family problems. I finished reading Kaplan GC & OC from the Kaplan BB. I thought I felt very confident about these 2 sections until I took the Natural Science Workshop A yesterday and end of Kaplan BB test today.

Here are my results:

Natural Science Workshop A:

BIO 17
GC 18
OC 20

Kaplan BB:

BIO 20
GC 17
OC 20

I also did 2 Crack DAT PAT

1) 19
2) 18

My main problem was time, at the end I had 20 minutes left and I was still on #45. The angle ranking and HOle Punch is my biggest problem. On CRack PAT 1 I got 14 right on angle...but on Crack PAT 2, I got 7 right...

I'm trying to shoot for a 22+ since my application won't be that strong.. Is there any hope? I have to take the test in Mid DEcember, please help thanks

Members don't see this ad.

that's actually pretty slick for your first practice science section. the first practice test i took (also kaplan bb) cleaned my clock. start making notes of what you got wrong and what you think you might forget from that practice exam. hammer as many practice tests as you can before your DAT - the trick is practice. you'll get the hang of pacing yourself after you do some full-length practice tests. reading the kaplan book is good but practice tests and practice problems are what will get your score jacked. keep with it homefry

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, nice to meet everyone! :love:

I started studying for the DAT about a month ago and stopped after a week due to some family problems. I finished reading Kaplan GC & OC from the Kaplan BB. I thought I felt very confident about these 2 sections until I took the Natural Science Workshop A yesterday and end of Kaplan BB test today.

Here are my results:

Natural Science Workshop A:

BIO 17
GC 18
OC 20

Kaplan BB:

BIO 20
GC 17
OC 20

I also did 2 Crack DAT PAT

1) 19
2) 18

My main problem was time, at the end I had 20 minutes left and I was still on #45. The angle ranking and HOle Punch is my biggest problem. On CRack PAT 1 I got 14 right on angle...but on Crack PAT 2, I got 7 right...

I'm trying to shoot for a 22+ since my application won't be that strong.. Is there any hope? I have to take the test in Mid DEcember, please help thanks

Don't worry, you'll get over 22 TS
When i did KBB, i had like 16Bio, 18Chm, 18Ochm
On the real i had 22Bio, 25Chm, 24Chm
Chin-UP! you are in good shape

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm studying GC right now...what's the natural science workshop you're talking about?

thanks everyone for the nice feedback.

timwatley,

hey, it's a workshop someone gave me on pdf file that I save. It's 100 questions natural science only.

How's GC going for you?

thanks everyone for the nice feedback.

timwatley,

hey, it's a workshop someone gave me on pdf file that I save. It's 100 questions natural science only.

How's GC going for you?

Oh cool. Is it easy to send via email? GC is going ok so far. I read through the GC section in the Blue Kaplan book and now I'm going back through and working the example problems. Next I'll probably textbook problems, destroyer, etc. Are you going for this cycle or next cycle?

hey timwatley

, yeah it is easy to send via email. give me ur email and i'll send it... i guess i'm applying next cycle..i'm too late for this cycle, haven't submitted anything. how about u? i've been trying to concentrate...=) it's hard dont u think? when are u taking it?

hey timwatley

, yeah it is easy to send via email. give me ur email and i'll send it... i guess i'm applying next cycle..i'm too late for this cycle, haven't submitted anything. how about u? i've been trying to concentrate...=) it's hard dont u think? when are u taking it?

That's probably a good idea. You'll be able to get your app in pretty early if you have everything else together. I haven't set a test date yet, I'm going to see how long it takes me to get a couple of the sections down.

Don't feel bad about ur mockup test scores, they are not very representituive how of u'll perform on the real deal.

I'll give ya an example, and I'm sure everyone here on SDN has something similar to say, in my mockup tests the highest I ever scored on generalchem test was a 19...on the real deal I got a 24.. Why? Because these mockup exams are educational, meaning when u get something wrong u go over it and learn from ur mistakes, that way u don't repeat that mistake on the real DAT

Hey, i took the kaplan diagnostic test 3/4 of the way through my studying and guess what, the highest science section i got was a 19 (the LOWEST science section on my real DAT was 23). But i'm glad because it was like seriously putting a firecracker under my butt, which made me study even harder prior to the real thing. Good luck!

thanks everyone. i hope what im doing right now is right. please let me know...Here is my plan for the next coming week.

1) Do BIO problems as I review each subject of Biology again.
2) Go through Kaplan GC again (since the last time I did was more than a month ago)
3) Go through Kaplan OC again.
4) Practice PAT and MAT every other day.

Then about a week later, I'll try to do another full length test to see where I stand. Please let me know hat you think. Thanks