So far no Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
USC, Roseman, Temple, Creighton, Boston, LECOM

These r the only schools left on my app that haven't given an interview or rejected me. Anyone else have these schools also ?

Its middle of Feb. so i assume its pretty much over, im gonna start preparing for DAT and started expanding my volunteer stuff.

My gpa: 3.45 sci: 3.25
DAT 17/18

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything from LECOM or Midwestern-Arizona. Rejected from ASDOH. Interviews at Colorado, Western (on the waitlist), OHSU (interview next week). I hope you hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 99% sure Creighton was done interviewing by Dec 1, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything. I think the same goes for Temple. And I don't imagine BU will be giving out anymore invites this year.
I have no idea about any of the others though.

I actually just got an interview from BU this week, so I know they're interviewing at least until the beginning of March.

Wouldn't hurt to retake the DAT though just in case.

These r the only schools left on my app that haven't given an interview or rejected me. Anyone else have these schools also ?

Its middle of Feb. so i assume its pretty much over, im gonna start preparing for DAT and started expanding my volunteer stuff.

DAT 17/18

LECOM gave out a bunch of interviews this week. Not sure about the others. I would focus on retaking the DAT and then taking some science classes to boost your low sGPA. Your oGPA is fine but with such a low sGPA you'll have problems getting in unless you can get a 21 or above which is obv very hard to do. But at this point focus on knocking out the DAT before June 4th and apply on the first day of the 2013 cycle which is June 4th. Apply to 20+ schools and include a lot of private schools. I don't see too many state schools that would be interested in you unless you can boost your sGPA. Again, that doesn't mean no state school will want you, but I would focus on USC, NYU, Tufts, LECOM. Yes I know you applied to these schools this year but a better looking DAT might suffice for the private institutions.

I had an interview at Temple at the beginning of February, so they are still working on their class I think. I haven't heard anything yet since then, so who knows.

I hope you hear back and get in somewhere! This whole waiting game is making me nervous!

DAT 17/18

If you can retake the DAT and get a 20+ (or at least a 19 on each section), that will you help you. The GPA is low but a good DAT score can make up for it.

Good luck

When did you apply? I still haven't heard anything from Boston or LECOM and I had everything in by the end of August. Rejection from Temple.

do rejections show on status page in aadsas?

Even though you made fun of my religion before, I will still help you out by offering you some advice on how to get in this cycle. That is because thats what my religion teaches me to do. If you want some advice on how to improve your chances for this cycle, PM me. Peace.

Even though you made fun of my religion before, I will still help you out by offering you some advice on how to get in this cycle. That is because thats what my religion teaches me to do. If you want some advice on how to improve your chances for this cycle, PM me. Peace.

Off topic but...If anyone on this forum makes offensive comments towards you, you can report their post.

Trust me it is not off topic, I can give him some very valuable advice that could get him accepted. I dont need to report anyone, because I already forgave him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Trust me it is not off topic, I can give him some very valuable advice that could get him accepted. I dont need to report anyone, because I already forgave him.

I remember a post that said something along the lines of "Muslims can't be trusted".... if that was the OP of this post, I doubt he will PM you. But it's nice of you to offer advice despite the Islamophobic statements.

Why don't u post it here so everyone can benefit

DAT 17/18

Creighton is not giving out anymore invites.
LECOM is. I declined a interview earlier this week so possibly email them showing interest.
I interviewed at Temple and they mentioned we were one of the last groups to interview so unsure if they are giving out anymore interviews.
No idea about USC, Roseman, or Boston.

Good luck! I wish you the best

Creighton's class is full and they are done interviewing. However, if you check their website you can schedule an informal interview after a certain date (sometime in April I think). I'm not sure what this interview is like but it wouldn't hurt, especially if you reapply there next year. Try and do an sdn search and see if you can find anything on it.

I think OP made a backwards comment against China one time in a thread I was a part of. If we connect the dots maybe we can make a reasonable assumption as to why they haven't been admitted (in addition to below average scores).

Creighton's class is full and they are done interviewing. However, if you check their website you can schedule an informal interview after a certain date (sometime in April I think). I'm not sure what this interview is like but it wouldn't hurt, especially if you reapply there next year. Try and do an sdn search and see if you can find anything on it.

I think OP made a backwards comment against China one time in a thread I was a part of. If we connect the dots maybe we can make a ]reasonable assumption as to why they haven't been admitted (in addition to below average scores).

Something about freaking out and looking at Caribbean schools rings a bell too ....

Don't worry dude...I'm rejecting my temple offer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I think OP made a backwards comment against China one time in a thread I was a part of. If we connect the dots maybe we can make a reasonable assumption as to why they haven't been admitted (in addition to below average scores).

Why r u guys making stuff up ?

It was not a backwards comment against China, I just said why would anyone want to learn chinese to become a dentist ? i just said spanish is more beneficial

I didn't made fun of your religion dude. Your name "Allah is greater" bothered me. Allah greater than who ? Jesus ? Krishna ?
I met lot of ppl that act like their religion is greater than everyone elses and that bothers me. Its cool if u love your religion, but dont boast about it.

Something about freaking out and looking at Caribbean schools rings a bell too ....

lol run straight to carib med schools if you can't achieve above a 17 on the dat.

Don't worry dude...I'm rejecting my temple offer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
Oh I hope that more people are doing what you're doing! Temple is my only shot for this cycle since I applied so late!

I hope you got the information you wanted Kobe. I'm sure your hard work and efforts will pay off. Good luck dude.

I think you need to retake the DAT and improve your science GPA to have a better shot at getting in. Stats get you an interview. Interviews get you accepted... In my opinion. Good luck!

DAT 17/18
That's a good strategy. My friend was in the same situation last year. He started working on his personal statement in March and got ready to roll in the new cycle. But he fortunately got a call in May!
Bottom line is, be prepared, but keep your head up!!!