Quantcast

So far not So good.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkkam

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Well Im a dental student wanna be, and Im going to tell you what I have accomplished so far and basically try and get some recomendations on what I need to do to improve my shot at dental school.

I am starting my 5th Year of undergrad, and graduating this year. Making it 5 years for my BA. I took an extra year because I didnt really know what I wanted to do.

My current gpa is 3.117

I have a C+ in Bio 107 my first semester my first year and a P for Bio 108 My second semester in my first year.

I have three W's one in physics in the summer, a snowboarding class, a math class (calculus)

I retook bio 107 and got a B+ in my fourth year first semester. I retook Bio 108 and Got an A my second semsester fourth year.

I also took chem 113 which I got an A in my fourth year, and I got a B+ in Chem 114 in the fourth year as well.

I am now currently working in a Bio research lab twice a week, and I am now volunteering once a week from 9-4 at a dental clinic in a hospital and have accumulated about 100 hours already and plan to continue for the whole semester.

Im taking orgo this semester.

I had a rough start but im hoping to bring my GPA up to a 3.4 or so. And aim for a 21 on my DAT's.

Any recomendations for things that I can do

cherr1pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're doing an upward trend and doing well in the classes you retake so that should at least be a positive factor...
Rock ochem because it's a predental requirement and that way you won't have to study as hard for the section on the DAT.

DROCKINDAHOUSE

UTHSCSA c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
seems like ur on the right track...might retake some classes to pick ur gpa up a little bit tho