So far not So good.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkkam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well Im a dental student wanna be, and Im going to tell you what I have accomplished so far and basically try and get some recomendations on what I need to do to improve my shot at dental school.

I am starting my 5th Year of undergrad, and graduating this year. Making it 5 years for my BA. I took an extra year because I didnt really know what I wanted to do.

My current gpa is 3.117

I have a C+ in Bio 107 my first semester my first year and a P for Bio 108 My second semester in my first year.

I have three W's one in physics in the summer, a snowboarding class, a math class (calculus)

I retook bio 107 and got a B+ in my fourth year first semester. I retook Bio 108 and Got an A my second semsester fourth year.

I also took chem 113 which I got an A in my fourth year, and I got a B+ in Chem 114 in the fourth year as well.

I am now currently working in a Bio research lab twice a week, and I am now volunteering once a week from 9-4 at a dental clinic in a hospital and have accumulated about 100 hours already and plan to continue for the whole semester.

Im taking orgo this semester.

I had a rough start but im hoping to bring my GPA up to a 3.4 or so. And aim for a 21 on my DAT's.

Any recomendations for things that I can do

Members don't see this ad.

You're doing an upward trend and doing well in the classes you retake so that should at least be a positive factor...
Rock ochem because it's a predental requirement and that way you won't have to study as hard for the section on the DAT.

seems like ur on the right track...might retake some classes to pick ur gpa up a little bit tho