Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I would appreciate any advice on this issue. I am torn between replying with an email that expresses my disappointment with the program or a very nice email.
Heres the situation. I was contacted about an Interview from School A. The day of the interview was a severe storm and en route to the campus, I was in a car accident. I immediately contacted the Psychology office and explained my situation. They appeared to be very understanding and granted me a phone interview, which they said I would be contacted via email regarding the date and time. So I waited...patiently....and finally decided to contact them after a week and a half had passed. So today, I received this email:
Dear Applicant (She actually wrote the wrong name 🙁 )
I am extremely sorry that your phone interview has not taken place. As
chair of the admissions committee---this is ultimately my responsibility
and I sincerely apologize!!
Mr. X is the faculty member that you were assigned to interview
with during the in-person visit (as you share similar research
interests). When you were unable to come--I asked Dr. X to
contact you via phone to do the interview. I checked back a week
later--and he hadn't done the interview but indicated that he would
contact you. We are currrently on Spring Break--so I haven't talked to
Dr. X since early last week. Apparently he has not contacted
you... (ugh!).
We did make our initial offers just a few days after the in-person
interviews. We have made 8 offers and have had 5 students accept. It
would still be possible for you to be considered as an alternate--if
you'd still like to do the phone interview. I'll be quite honest in
telling you that we have 3 or 4 very strong alternates already, however
since we haven't interviewed you yet--I have no idea how you might
rank!
If you'd like--I can give you a call today--or tomorrow and do the
phone interview with you.
Again, I am very sorry that your interview was overlooked. I should
have suggested that I do the interview when I saw Dr. X last
week!!
What do you think I should do, as my immediate reaction is to email her and express my disappointment in the way this was handled and pull my application!! But I figured I should calm down before I do anything irrational, as I was very interested in attending this school 🙁
Heres the situation. I was contacted about an Interview from School A. The day of the interview was a severe storm and en route to the campus, I was in a car accident. I immediately contacted the Psychology office and explained my situation. They appeared to be very understanding and granted me a phone interview, which they said I would be contacted via email regarding the date and time. So I waited...patiently....and finally decided to contact them after a week and a half had passed. So today, I received this email:
Dear Applicant (She actually wrote the wrong name 🙁 )
I am extremely sorry that your phone interview has not taken place. As
chair of the admissions committee---this is ultimately my responsibility
and I sincerely apologize!!
Mr. X is the faculty member that you were assigned to interview
with during the in-person visit (as you share similar research
interests). When you were unable to come--I asked Dr. X to
contact you via phone to do the interview. I checked back a week
later--and he hadn't done the interview but indicated that he would
contact you. We are currrently on Spring Break--so I haven't talked to
Dr. X since early last week. Apparently he has not contacted
you... (ugh!).
We did make our initial offers just a few days after the in-person
interviews. We have made 8 offers and have had 5 students accept. It
would still be possible for you to be considered as an alternate--if
you'd still like to do the phone interview. I'll be quite honest in
telling you that we have 3 or 4 very strong alternates already, however
since we haven't interviewed you yet--I have no idea how you might
rank!
If you'd like--I can give you a call today--or tomorrow and do the
phone interview with you.
Again, I am very sorry that your interview was overlooked. I should
have suggested that I do the interview when I saw Dr. X last
week!!
What do you think I should do, as my immediate reaction is to email her and express my disappointment in the way this was handled and pull my application!! But I figured I should calm down before I do anything irrational, as I was very interested in attending this school 🙁