so how did it go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubensan

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did everyone survive? JR, how was your welcome into the Wilmer legacy? I survived, thanks for the advice (esp redhawk, idoc, victorkomd)! All in all, it was pretty fun, overwhelming, but fun. I still get a big kick out of when the family wants to talk to "the doctor" and that doctor is you! How did it go for everyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

rubensan said:
did everyone survive? JR, how was your welcome into the Wilmer legacy? I survived, thanks for the advice (esp redhawk, idoc, victorkomd)! All in all, it was pretty fun, overwhelming, but fun. I still get a big kick out of when the family wants to talk to "the doctor" and that doctor is you! How did it go for everyone else?

I used to feel that way, but then, I got paged at all hours of the night while on night float by nurses who said a family member wanted to speak with "a doctor". Of course I barely knew the patients and when I arrive, 20 family members are at the bedside wanting to know every detail of the hospital course, prognosis, and treatment plan. And also irate that their family member is not getting the best care on the planet. :)

Sorry I haven't posted for a while; still trying to settle in the new place, find my way around, etc. I am very excited about starting ophthalmology training. I am having a lot of fun; my co-residents are fantastic and faculty is unbelievable.

P.S. Baltimore is not as bad as people think!

Members don't see this ad :)
victorkomd said:
I used to feel that way, but then, I got paged at all hours of the night while on night float by nurses who said a family member wanted to speak with "a doctor". Of course I barely knew the patients and when I arrive, 20 family members are at the bedside wanting to know every detail of the hospital course, prognosis, and treatment plan. And also irate that their family member is not getting the best care on the planet. :)
uggghhhh..... :)