So how many transcripts did you need when you applied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many transcripts?

• 1-2

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • 5-6

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • 7-8

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • 9-10

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • 10+

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters

terse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this question yet. So how many transcripts did you need to request from your various schools for your application? So far I have transcripts from 5 different colleges. By the time I apply, I'm guessing it'll be more like 7-8. Anyone needed 10+? 15+?

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't 7+ a little crazy? going to 7 different colleges??? Mines 2. Just one summer class from another university.

i'm a non-trad student, and i took summer school at a few different CC's. now i'm taking pre-reqs at a CC and some CC's don't offer certain classes(and at certain times), so i have to take them elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
OIC, you're from LA, that explains the many CCs, on the east coast we don't have so many within a 20mi radius.

TOO many. You'd be suprised how many transcripts I've sent over the course of this application cycle.

Turned in my transcript for my university in August, but my community college transcript (which I only took 1 course in not even a pre-req) came late so I missed UOP's Tier I deadline, so I decided to just make Tier II instead and wait for my summer school grades to come in. So I re-sent my university transcript 1 month later to pharmCAS.

Then USC requires you to send a transcript directly to them. (So thats 2 transcripts, one from the university another for the CC)

Then I have to update my pharmCAS, and sent my updated university transcript to USC. (2 transcripts)

Then I got accepted to another school in AZ, I was pretty sure I was going to go there so I sent my transcript there too so they could check out my AP scores listed there.

Then I sent my updated transcript again after winter quarter to USC.

So thats a total of 9 transcripts I've sent. Plus I have to send another one at the end of this term.

Grand total : 10

I'm probably forgetting more.

TOO many. You'd be suprised how many transcripts I've sent over the course of this application cycle.

Turned in my transcript for my university in August, but my community college transcript (which I only took 1 course in not even a pre-req) came late so I missed UOP's Tier I deadline, so I decided to just make Tier II instead and wait for my summer school grades to come in. So I re-sent my university transcript 1 month later to pharmCAS.

Then USC requires you to send a transcript directly to them. (So thats 2 transcripts, one from the university another for the CC)

Then I have to update my pharmCAS, and sent my updated university transcript to USC. (2 transcripts)

Then I got accepted to another school in AZ, I was pretty sure I was going to go there so I sent my transcript there too so they could check out my AP scores listed there.

Then I sent my updated transcript again after winter quarter to USC.

So thats a total of 9 transcripts I've sent. Plus I have to send another one at the end of this term.

Grand total : 10

I'm probably forgetting more.

I'm pretty sure they're asking how many transcripts meaning from how many different schools. Otherwise I'd have my initial 4 to PharmCAS, 4 to LLU, 4 to USC, 2 for Academic Update plus 2 to USC, 2 for Spring grades to OSU and USC = 18

i agree with farmercyst. This really throws the accuracy of the results off.

So almost a quarter of respondents have been to 10+ schools?? For everyone who this applies to, why did you have to attend so many?

I will have a total of 7. Had my usual 4 yr undergrad plus a summer back home (2 total). Then it got really crazy when I was finishing my pre-req's after I graduated. Most JC's have a "county" of schools under one umbrella. Unfortunately, their transcripts are all different. Add those to going to another 4 yr university to prove I can handle "harder upper-div sci courses" and schools add up quickly.

Needless to say, getting transcripts for my app's was the hardest and most tedious part.

Forgot to add: most of the time, one campus will offer a class that another school doesn't have that semester. A year ago, I was going to San Fran State. and City College of SF at the same time. Hell, after my Biochem class at SFSU Monday morning, I drove straight to CCSF for my physics class. And when it comes to JC's, you are probably never there for more than 1-2 qtr's before you leave.

I will have a total of 7. Had my usual 4 yr undergrad plus a summer back home (2 total). Then it got really crazy when I was finishing my pre-req's after I graduated. Most JC's have a "county" of schools under one umbrella. Unfortunately, their transcripts are all different. Add those to going to another 4 yr university to prove I can handle "harder upper-div sci courses" and schools add up quickly.

Needless to say, getting transcripts for my app's was the hardest and most tedious part.

Forgot to add: most of the time, one campus will offer a class that another school doesn't have that semester. A year ago, I was going to San Fran State. and City College of SF at the same time. Hell, after my Biochem class at SFSU Monday morning, I drove straight to CCSF for my physics class. And when it comes to JC's, you are probably never there for more than 1-2 qtr's before you leave.

Yeah, I've been jogging SBVC and CSUSB for the last year. The worst was Fall quarter I had a Monday AM lecture at SBVC, then Monday AM lecture at CSUSB, finished up with Monday PM lab at SBVC. I had 20 minutes to get from one campus to the next, park and get to class. Fortunately they are only 8 miles apart. Going back and forth for 10 weeks was no picnic and sucked gas like no other.

That's pretty much like my scenario. I'm going to JC's in the Los Angeles community college district, and like you, all schools have different transcripts.

Interestng. I thought I was the only one that did (well, going to do) this. I am applying for Fall '08 and need to take Physics, biochem and Human anatomy and physiology this coming fall semester, but one of the colleges I registered to take the physics and biochem, do not offer Human anatomy and physiology the time I need to take it, so I have to take Human anatomy and physiology at another college. Luckily, the Human anatomy and physiology course is one a week, but on Saturday!!!:(

oh whoops sorry. But 10 schools!?!

That means you have to send dozens upon dozens of transcripts because some schools require their own. I don't know about you guys but my undergrad school charges 6 bucks each, and then 15 for rush. I've spent so much money and I only have two schools.

oh whoops sorry. But 10 schools!?!

That means you have to send dozens upon dozens of transcripts because some schools require their own. I don't know about you guys but my undergrad school charges 6 bucks each, and then 15 for rush. I've spent so much money and I only have two schools.

CSUSB $8 to rush, but only $2 for each additional if done at the same time.
SBVC $8 to rush + 4 for each additional (I think)
CHC Same as SBVC since they're in the same district.
UALR I don't think they rush, but $5 per. Fortunately I only had to submit 3 with no updates afterwards.