so how much debt will you graduate with...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Princeod2583

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So this is a sore subject amongst all graduates, but how much debt (grad + undergrad) did/will you graduate with....? Is/was it worth it to you? 😱 This can ending up being one of those "healing" or therapeutic forums lol.
 
I carry no debt from undergrad, but by the time I'm done at SCO, I'll probably have somewhere between $105k-$115k, depending on expenditures during my 4th year.

Obviously I can't speak to whether it WAS worth it. But I'm hoping it will be. 😛 At the very least, I will have made $115k+ worth of friends and great memories...? *cheeeeeesyyy*
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was 2k in debt graduating from Duke. I am 532k in debt (student loan plus interest) from medical school. SallieMae private loans not worth it. Suing a pedophile professor and getting kicked out of school (once you have paid 150k); not worth it. Going to a Caribean school to salvage my career, definitely not worth it.

Coming back to my impoverished community to practice and helping others by NOT HOARDING and sharing my knowledge is PRICELESS.
 
Well, that one doesn't really look bad. For my part, I tried to minimize my debts before graduating, though I still ended up with a $40k leftover.