Step I So I got my score back

Started by koshka77
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

koshka77

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I got a 205/83.
Does that completely suck? What are my options now as far as specialties and hospitals? I would appreciate any advice/experience that you all could share with me. Thanks!
 
Jesus man, seeing the title of your post I thought you're probably on the verge of jummping out of the window, after failing the exam for the tenth time in a row!! Ok, so you can't join Harrvard anymore, is that such a big deal for you?? I'm sure there are plenty of places available out there for people that did below average but still have a solid pass, like yourself. Besides, you can still make a good imression by improving in step 2 and doing well in your interviews.
 
Oh, and just to cheer you up a bit, a friend of mine got 80 in step 1 in his SECOND chance, and is in a University programm in IM somewhere in Missouri right now. AND he was an IMG.
 
If you really like a specialty, go for it. There is one specialty that I really like, but my step 1 score is one point below the normal cutoff for most of the programs with that specialty - but I will still go for that specialty - just will have to take step 2 early and do other things to improve my chances.