1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

SO i've taken it

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by DATkilla, Aug 2, 2006.

1. DATkilla

DATkilla Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I took the DAT today and here are my scores:

PA 17
    QR 15 :mad:
    RC 22
    Bio 20
    GC 19
    OC 17
    TS 19
    AA 19

The famous question: what do you guys think? Any chances?
    applying to: Tufts, NYU, Boston, Colombia, Pittsburgh, etc etc.
    GPA: 3.75

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Konfetka

Dr. Konfetka Sveta
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Congrats! Now you can finally enjoy summer. What were your practice scores like?

4. Lucass

Lucass RunswithPredents
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Welcome to the 15 on the QR club! :D Same thing happened to me...satisfied with all of my scores, except for that one little eyesore on the paper. With your TS and AA and especially your GPA the way they are you have a really good shot. I'm almost positive you're in at NYU, Boston and maybe Tufts. Pittsburgh and Columbia might be looking for higher stats though. The problem herein lies with your QR score...some schools actually have a cut-off of 16 on any section. That means people like you and I (unless they make an exception) are out. If I were you, I'd call some of the schools you're applying to, or thinking about adding, and see what their cut-off is or if they even have one. You also might consider adding a couple schools to your list that don't care too much about QR (most don't by the way--it's considered antiquated by most schools and at the bottom of their importance).

5. DATkilla

DATkilla Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

i averaged about 17 on every part on the practice exams. i made 18 only once on PA and OC on the topscore cd. I never expected to do this well.