SO many typos in EK!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student113

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Especially the 16 mini-mcats.

I find them very, very distracting. I haven't used other companies' materials so I don't know, but I have the complete EK set and there are way too many typos. The actual books are tolerable I guess, but then I took the first min-mcat.

The second passage in, there was hardly a question without a typo. There was one question where different words ran together and paragraphs split in random places and I basically had to guess at what they were asking.

The mini-mcats actually seem weird in general. Even though they might not be very realistically similar to the real mcat, should I work through them despite the stupid typos because any practice is good practice?

Members don't see this ad.

lol exactly what i thought and i stopped using it. The typos are so freaking obvious, I wonder if it even went though and editor.

Don't let the editors of EK see this thread, they'll refer you to their website, where they have an essay about "WE DON'T HAVE ERRATICAS!"

Don't let the editors of EK see this thread, they'll refer you to their website, where they have an essay about "WE DON'T HAVE ERRATICAS!"

And if you want to find out information about their errors you have to PAY to read their forum on errors!

So fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a grammar/spelling Nazi, so I notice these all the time. It sometimes even makes me question the accuracy of their concepts.

Exactly! I used work in publications so these are driving me absolutely crazy.

Is this the same for other company's materials?

I feel kind of irrational about doubting the validity of the books' content but I can't help it.