So much trouble with supplementals...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nateftw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just can't seem to be able to start any of my supplemental essays. I had to write one of my LOR per request, and i feel like I put everything into my AADSAS personal statement. These supplementals are pretty redundant..

Also, some of them specifically ask, "Why my school?" And to be honest, I just want to get into A dental school. All of the schools in United States are good, and nearly all of them have the newest technology. I would be happy with any of them.

So basically, I feel like I will be able to write a short paragraph, that is concise and to the point for each supplemental. But from reading these forums, I feel that most people write full pages for their supplementals? Maybe I just have not received enough experience to write as much.. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, some of them specifically ask, "Why my school?" And to be honest, I just want to get into A dental school. All of the schools in United States are good, and nearly all of them have the newest technology. I would be happy with any of them.

Just be honest then :)

Just be honest then :)
I want to be.. But I feel like the world just doesn't work that way :(

Or maybe it's because that's what everyone else is doing, and i'm conforming. Eh, i'll sleep on it and see if any ingenious ideas form while i'm sleeping.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the "why this school?" you might want to pick a couple things that you specifically like about that school. You could try to say why a school fits you, and why you fit the school. Does that make sense?

i didn't want to do all the secondary essays either so i put them off for like a couple weeks. and when i finally got my act together, i had the hardest time writing a lot too (i distinctly remember having the hardest time with college app secondaries too)... but after doing a loooot of research on each school, it got easier. and once you write that first one.. you can copy and paste bits and pieces to all the others.
my first essay was 1 paragraph long. i submitted my third one tonight and it was almost a page long. so it gets easier. just get through the first one.