So my mom called me crying!

Started by xraygray
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xraygray

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OH MY GOD!! My mom just called me crying hysterically and I thought something really bad happened but she told me that I DID IT!!!! I can't believe that I actually got accepted. Good luck to everyone here on the reapp. forum. It can happen.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EVMS. im out-of-stater (NC) and re-applicant with average to lower stats (28P, 3.6) so pretty pumped and if anyone needs a confidence boost i'm there for you. i wasn't sure that it would ever actually happen. Good luck to all.
 
xraygray said:
EVMS. im out-of-stater (NC) and re-applicant with average to lower stats (28P, 3.6) so pretty pumped and if anyone needs a confidence boost i'm there for you. i wasn't sure that it would ever actually happen. Good luck to all.

congrats bro. i'll bet your mom isn't the only one hysterically happy! 🙂

fiddler
 
Don't you love to see those kind of tears from your mom! Congrats!!!
 
wow, you're so lucky to have a mom like that. my folks didn't really care when i told them. 🙁
 
hahah.. :laugh: i think my mom called everyone in our extended family, no small number. It's great to have a cheerleader.
 
so after finally getting into med school (this was my 3rd time trying) i told my parents and all they said was 'really? they let you in? good'
 
gintien said:
so after finally getting into med school (this was my 3rd time trying) i told my parents and all they said was 'really? they let you in? good'

I am sure they are proud, even if they don't show it immediately. 👍
 
After not getting in on my first attempt (2 interviews, one wait listed, one rejection) I applied to and was accepted to a PhD slot while at the same time applying a second time to medical school. I only got one interview so it was like "PhD here I come!" I called the admissions office of the one school that interviewed me on the second try from the airport lounge while on a business trip. I was trying to get a feel for if I should withdraw my application and spare myself a second waitlist. They transferred me to the Dean of Admissions who told me I was in. When I called my parents they seemed pretty sedate, considering. When I got back from the trip - no messages. So I called my folks and asked if they had told the extended family yet. They hadn't. It seems they were a little unclear and thought that I had only gotten something like a second interview. It took me almost 15 minutes to convince them I was "in".

After that they were pretty excited.

- H
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what it's all about ladies and gents. Congrats!! 👍
My mom hates my A$$, she was crying tears of JOY!! 😱
 
I had a similar situation with my dad rather when I recieved my first acceptance. My mom was actually the one who recieved the packet and told me that I got accepted. She ended the conversation with a timid "Congrats!" (even though I can tell she was happy)
Then I called my dad to tell him of the good news during break time from labwork. I started the convs."...I recieved my first acceptance...) He broke down, and started crying (first time ever to hear my dad weep like that), I told him not to cry and that he was going to make me cry. Two minutes later, we were both hysterically crying, and had to hang up, because we couldn't get two words in from our tears. At that moment, I really felt that it was all worth it, the agony and the torture. Good luck to all of you and wish you similar and better aftermath reactions =)
 
It really helps to have supportive parents that appreciate the amount of work you have done to get to that position. Congrats!!! Thats awesome that your momz is so proud of you!
 
ms13675 said:
I had a similar situation with my dad rather when I recieved my first acceptance. My mom was actually the one who recieved the packet and told me that I got accepted. She ended the conversation with a timid "Congrats!" (even though I can tell she was happy)
Then I called my dad to tell him of the good news during break time from labwork. I started the convs."...I recieved my first acceptance...) He broke down, and started crying (first time ever to hear my dad weep like that), I told him not to cry and that he was going to make me cry. Two minutes later, we were both hysterically crying, and had to hang up, because we couldn't get two words in from our tears. At that moment, I really felt that it was all worth it, the agony and the torture. Good luck to all of you and wish you similar and better aftermath reactions =)

Why was he crying?

Congrats 👍
 
Congrats man, enjoy it.
Time to get drunk and do some crazy things,like study in prep for your first semester.
 
dinesh said:
Congrats man, enjoy it.
Time to get drunk and do some crazy things,like study in prep for your first semester.
I think often people (parents) are responding to your mood when you tell them. Probably in an attempt to be humble, I often come across like I am not excited or interested. People will usually take cues from your tone before actually processing what you just told them. So when I don't sound excited they don't sound excited for me.
 
I got my first acceptance today to VCOM and my mom cried too. This was my second year applying and both my parents were very happy and proud. I am still trying to absord that fact that I will be starting MD school in August.
 
cyclegirl said:
I got my first acceptance today to VCOM and my mom cried too. This was my second year applying and both my parents were very happy and proud. I am still trying to absord that fact that I will be starting MD school in August.


Congrats 👍