So there are schools that DON'T require interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I did that search and I'm not sure how accuate the list that it gives is. I applied to 2 of the schools on it (LECOM and NDSU) and they both require an interview. LECOM's interview is a phone interview....but it is still an interview. As far as NDSU goes, this is their first year conducting interviews.

With that said...it is possible that some schools don't require interviews (seeing as NDSU just started them). However, I think that this will become more and more rare as the competition to get into pharmacy schools increases.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ferris State doesn't require an interview, personal statement, or references.

I hear that Crieghton doesn't require an interview. I would never even consider going to a school that didn't have interviews...how else are you going to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff? A serious problem facing our profession is the number of apathetics and unsocial people that manage to get in and through pharm school...they make crappy pharmacists and no one benefits. My school has an extremely thorough interview and selection process and it really pays off; no jerks or anti-socials...

i think all schools should do the phone interview thingy......it saves us so much time and money. The only problem is they won't know if they are talking to the actual candidate or not.

Michigan did not require an interview from me; however, their application was much longer than other schools and I also had to send high school tests and transcripts with the application.

I hear that Crieghton doesn't require an interview. I would never even consider going to a school that didn't have interviews...how else are you going to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff? A serious problem facing our profession is the number of apathetics and unsocial people that manage to get in and through pharm school...they make crappy pharmacists and no one benefits. My school has an extremely thorough interview and selection process and it really pays off; no jerks or anti-socials...

IMO There's nothing wrong with an anti-"social" pharmacist as long as he's not anti-social on the job. I'd say I do very well online and just as well over the phone. I've never had a problem as a waiter or cashier, but if I'm not on the job I don't want to talk to people I don't know. (Sounds odd coming from someone with this many posts, but there's a reason I don't know the faces of SDN'ers from Western or USC interviews.)

I'm not sure ..but I don't think Albany does interviews.

Going off of what an interviewer told me last week, all PharmD programs are now required to conduct interviews. That would explain why some schools are now starting to do so when they hadn't in the past. Looks like everyone in the future will be looking towards that nervous experience, whether in person or over the phone, before gaining acceptance.

IMO There's nothing wrong with an anti-"social" pharmacist as long as he's not anti-social on the job. I'd say I do very well online and just as well over the phone. I've never had a problem as a waiter or cashier, but if I'm not on the job I don't want to talk to people I don't know. (Sounds odd coming from someone with this many posts, but there's a reason I don't know the faces of SDN'ers from Western or USC interviews.)

i agree. i feel the same also.

I think when he said anti-social, he meant people who aren't friendly/outgoing even when they are on the job. We've all met those pharmacists. The ones who hide between his tech's and just fills all night and ignores when clerks yell out "Consultation!!" hoping the other pharmacist takes it.

Plus, I've also met too many WEIRDOs who claim "yeah, I want to be a pharmacist." Weirdos referring to people with no social skills and will say the most un-PC things and not even know it.

I.E.

"Hahaha, look at that lady, her head's bald. Why do females shave their heads? It's soooo ugly!" :laugh:

"Well my mom is bald. It's not that funny, she actually has cancer."

:rolleyes:

Yeah, THOSE people.