So what is the deal with accredited programs?

Started by Aero SSX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aero SSX

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I hear from some sources that to become an official, legal, licensed PT, you MUST graduate with a a degree (obviously mainly a DPT now) that is accredited. So are they referring to CAPTE programs?

I live in Minnesota and I have four DPT programs. St. Catherine, St. Scholastica and Mayo are all private and relatively expensive. U of Minn Twin Cities is public however and would be cheaper. However, the U of M is not a CAPTE program. Is that a problem? Thanks.
 
So I hear from some sources that to become an official, legal, licensed PT, you MUST graduate with a a degree (obviously mainly a DPT now) that is accredited. So are they referring to CAPTE programs?

I live in Minnesota and I have four DPT programs. St. Catherine, St. Scholastica and Mayo are all private and relatively expensive. U of Minn Twin Cities is public however and would be cheaper. However, the U of M is not a CAPTE program. Is that a problem? Thanks.

It's listed on the CAPTE website under accredited programs 😳