Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

So what is this LECOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by jun99, Feb 16, 2007.

1. jun99

2+ Year Member

I'm seeing this school mentioned all over the forums, and I've never heard of it before. Where is it and why does everyone seem to want to go there? :confused:

2. Dr.Biassi

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Lake erie college of Osteopathic Medicine.. They have aslo a school of pharmacy but Lake erie college of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) is they name of the big school.

3. Idesiretosling

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    There is a lot of information to be found if you go to google and search for "Lecom pharmacy". There you could find out that the school is in PA and is a 3 year program and so on. Google can answer your questions much faster than the good people here on SDN for many questions.

Going to the school's website is usually a good way to find out where a school is located and other interesting tidbits about the school and their program.
    http://www.lecom.edu/pharm/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pharmhopeful

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    There's also a satellite campus opening in Brandenton, FL as well. If I had realized that when I was applying, I might have applied to that one instead of Erie. From what I understand you are not allowed to apply to LECOM-Erie and LECOM-Brandenton. You have to choose one or the other. It's one of the 3 year programs :)

5. PharmDJH

PharmDJH Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    The one in brandenton is not a satellite, they will have full time professor teaching, also it is a 4 year school and Erie is 3 year program. But all under LECOM

6. longstech

longstech Member
    5+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Does anyone know how many applications they get a year?