shisong

2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2014
Status
Medical Student
i just got my application verified (9/4) and everything is finished. LOR+Transcript+complete application.

I applied to

RowanSOM
Touro NY
NYIT
PCOM

do i just wait now for these schools to send secondaries?

P.S I know NYIT's secondary is available, do the other three send secondaries?

my stats: 3.6 cgpa/sgpa 28 mcat

About the Ads

mathnerd88

5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I would apply to more schools. Those are reach DO schools you are applying to and you might not get in. Your stats are about average for those schools, but they're also looking for candidates who have done more than just good GPA and MCAT.

You'll need to wait before you get invited to complete their secondary. I think NYIT you can start filling out now.

bshap000

5+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I agree with those above, assuming you have good ECs, LORs, etc, you're a good candidate, but nothing is ever certain with med admissions! You should absolutely add some more schools, ASAP.

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
That Touro-NY secondary cost is worth 3 secondaries at other schools. Unless you are from New York, use that money else where, if your low on cash that is.

JW2020

2+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
DMU UNECOM VCOM NSUCOM NYITCOM (if you're a NY resident) LMUCOM for starters, LECOMs (if you're ok with PBL and their rules)

Other posters can add on. I know you're probably trying to save on cash, but trust me it will be worth it to spend a few hundred more to GREATLY improve your chances of interviews and acceptances.

el_duderino

Some men play tennis, I erode the human soul
7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Why are you only applying to 4 schools?

About the Ads