So, when you guys got your acceptances....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreshOffTheBoat

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so when you guys got your acceptances, how many of you guys had the condition that you must graduate with your bachelors degree before entering dental school? just curious....

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the time acceptances are based on completing planned courses and any pre-reqs not yet done, B- or better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the time acceptances are based on completing planned courses and any pre-reqs not yet done, B- or better.

I'll second that. Mine also stated that I needed to complete all classes and degrees that I had put on my AADSAS app. So that could include a bachelors if one had included it on the app.

Contingent on graduating and completing all pre-requisites...probably a C or better.

I believe I was required to make a C or better in all of my classes and maintain or better my GPA.

so when you guys got your acceptances, how many of you guys had the condition that you must graduate with your bachelors degree before entering dental school? just curious....

The general rule seems to be that whatever was entered in your AADSAS application should be completed. Projected courses, bachelor's degree, etc...

It varied between the schools I was accepted to. Generally, the above posters are correct.

My school, MWU, actually wanted me to take some additional upper level Biology classes (C grade or better) rather than finish my major. So I changed my major so that I would be able to still obtain a degree but also meet their prereq's. They did not require me to finish the courses which I stated on my app that I planned on and were VERY cool about working with me to meet all of their requirements before I matriculate.

The general rule seems to be that whatever was entered in your AADSAS application should be completed. Projected courses, bachelor's degree, etc...

Ok, I will be done with my last prereq course (organic II) this spring. I've done my schedule for the summer and fall classes that I'm going to take but I don't know exactly what classes are going to be offered during the winter and spring quarters b/c my school only post them during the fall when we begin registering for those quarters. What should I do? Should I just put classes that I'm hoping to take and then if they are not offered (or I can't take them) could I go back and edit my application?

Ok, I will be done with my last prereq course (organic II) this spring. I've done my schedule for the summer and fall classes that I'm going to take but I don't know exactly what classes are going to be offered during the winter and spring quarters b/c my school only post them during the fall when we begin registering for those quarters. What should I do? Should I just put classes that I'm hoping to take and then if they are not offered (or I can't take them) could I go back and edit my application?

Put as many classes as you are planning to take. Especially if it is upper level science classes, that will look good. When the Academic Update period occurs over Christmas break, you can change or delete classes to match what you will actually be taking.

i didnt put in my winter and spring quarters because, like you, i didnt do the schedule yet.

edit: i did put in my winter and spring quarters during the academic update.