So who took the SAT today?

Discussion in 'Exam HQ' started by malfee, Oct 4, 2008.

  1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. malfee

    malfee Sports Medicine Wannabe 2+ Year Member

    169
    0
    Jul 28, 2008
    New York
    hSDN Alumni
    I did! I'm in an SAT-prep. class, but it's geared for the November test, so I've been doing some studying on my own for today. I was really surprised with the exam; it was much easier than I expected. I think out of all 10 sections, I may have omitted about 10 questions (give or take a few), which I'm pretty happy with. I had a really positive gut feeling after walking out of the classroom, so I'm enthusiastic to see my score in a few weeks. I'd be ecstatic if my score went up, especially my verbal and math (I only had an 1190/1600 on my first attempt).
     
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. glowworm

    glowworm inching along 2+ Year Member

    527
    0
    Jul 19, 2008
    oklahoma
    hSDN Alumni
    I took the SAT today and the time was all screwed up. On one of the math sections the teacher's book said to give us 20 minutes and our books said 25 minutes. She did let us go back and do five more minutes though. Some of the times on the other sections were off too. Do you think the collegeboard will throw out our scores or make us retake it?:scared:

    On a more positive note, I didn't panic as much on the essay so I might have done a bit better on that.
     
  4. creativedentist

    creativedentist The Tooth Fairy 2+ Year Member

    I took it today :)

    The math & writing sections were so much easier than I expected them to be!
    If anything, the critical reading is going to kill me. No matter how many times I practice, I just don't get the passage based readings. I will get about 75% of those right, and the other 25% I guess when I narrow it down to two choices. There weren't a lot of sentence completion so I think I'm ok on that.
     
  5. creativedentist

    creativedentist The Tooth Fairy 2+ Year Member

    I'm half nervous/half excited. I'm shooting for at least a 2000. Hoping for 2100-2200. We'll see! *crosses fingers*
     
  6. Caesar

    Caesar In Memory of Riley Jane Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

    I'm sure you all did well, be sure to let us know!
     
  7. malfee

    malfee Sports Medicine Wannabe 2+ Year Member

    169
    0
    Jul 28, 2008
    New York
    hSDN Alumni
    Haha, 2000 is nothing to be ashamed of, jeez. :laugh:

    I'd be stoked if I broke 2000. I wish everyone the best of luck!
     
  8. creativedentist

    creativedentist The Tooth Fairy 2+ Year Member


    hehe, we will let you know only if we did well ;)
     
  9. malfee

    malfee Sports Medicine Wannabe 2+ Year Member

    169
    0
    Jul 28, 2008
    New York
    hSDN Alumni
    BUH-ZING! :laugh:
     
  10. vstexas09

    vstexas09 7+ Year Member

    145
    0
    Aug 3, 2008
    hSDN Member
    i'm really scared...
     
  11. habibah91

    habibah91 2+ Year Member

    15
    0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Yep, I took 'em on Saturday. Math and writing totally easy. Critical reading was alright, not like the other two times I took it. I'm hoping for my best score. :D
     
  12. alissakp

    alissakp 2+ Year Member

    10
    0
    Sep 7, 2008
    hSDN Member
    I heard that the october SAT is the easiest SAT. I didnt take it, but mostly everybody I know that did scored alot better. I almost wish i did take it.
     
  13. CScull

    CScull Is Positive, O Positive 2+ Year Member

    I really need to take the SAT... I've taken the ACT twice now. I live Alabama and no one really cares about the SAT around here, most seniors only take it once.
     
  14. supraman

    supraman Boston Celtics 7+ Year Member

    1,539
    2
    Oct 30, 2005
    I did! j/k lmao
     
  15. debrastix

    debrastix

    3
    0
    Mar 1, 2011
    This is a blast from the past. Would be interested to know who did do well?
     

Share This Page