So who's excited...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

...about Harry Potter?

This is such a nerdy forum, I'm surprised no one else is talking about it yet. I personally will be hitting the midnight release parties. :hardy: Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Hell yeah. I have been waiting for this book for about seven years :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

^^^ That looks creepy- 6 days to go

Count me in as a HUGE Harry Potter nerd. Between completing secondaries over the last couple of weeks I've read the 6th book 2x and watched all of the movies. If my wife would allow it, I'd drive the 120 miles to the nearest Barnes and Noble so I could be there on Saturday Morning at 12:01 AM. Harry Potter Rules. BTW I'm 27 years old.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't wait either... that is the only thing that kept me going this whole summer... I took orgo I and I finish OrgoII this thursday... woot... btw I saw the fifth movie on IMAX last night... the 3D was awesome... but the movie was... eh... I try not to compare it to the books, bc I know of time constraints, but I can't say that I wasn't dissapointed... but I am a complete potter nerd... I write Fanficition too... can't get enough of it.

I'm scared someone is going to spoil it... What if you were waiting in line, and someone in front of you got their copy, turned to the last chapter, and yelled out the ending? I'm going to isolate myself from the outside world until I finish it.

I pre-ordered mine. I will just go pick it up from the store in the morning.

However, I did something incredibly stupid.
I read in the news that some hacker named Gabriel posted the ending of the book online.

So I googled Harry Potter, Gabriel. I don't know why I couldn't stop myself. And as a result I read the *alleged* spoiler.

I am really really hoping that it was a hoax. :(

now why wld you do that??? LOL... I've been avoiding everything that says HArry Potter on the web... I hope that person didn't ruin the book for you...

That's terrible... but I'm perversely tempted to do the same thing...

I pre-ordered mine. I will just go pick it up from the store in the morning.

However, I did something incredibly stupid.
I read in the news that some hacker named Gabriel posted the ending of the book online.

So I googled Harry Potter, Gabriel. I don't know why I couldn't stop myself. And as a result I read the *alleged* spoiler.

I am really really hoping that it was a hoax. :(

Apparently the Gabriel stuff is a complete hoax. He claims to have hacked into a computer and read it, but I'm pretty sure all of Rowling's editors only get hard copies. But I'm not looking for it, because I don't want anything spoiled at all. I'm terrified enough at the possibilities of what might happen.

The only HP websites I trust are mugglenet, the leaky cauldron, and jk rowling's. Stick with those and you won't get any spoilers.

I'm still working on Book 4. BUT! I'll start Book 5 in time for the movie, hopefully. I guess I'm going to get cursed for not having seen the movie yet either. I'm just eager for them to redeem themselves for the first two movies :(

Good fan of the books, though. They're fun which is always refreshing from the non-fiction that I typically read. I guess in that way, Rowling's like... the Michael Bay of authors.

I'm scared someone is going to spoil it... What if you were waiting in line, and someone in front of you got their copy, turned to the last chapter, and yelled out the ending? I'm going to isolate myself from the outside world until I finish it.
I heard in an interview that Daniel Radcliffe had Book 6 spoiled for him before he even got a copy of the book. He's apparently isolating himself starting this week so no one can do it to him again.

Check this out, hilarious...

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4x_WUb68RQo[/YOUTUBE]

See? There are truly horrible people in this world. The last girl was pretty funny though... "NOOOooOOOO!!! YOU B$%#@!"

***And Ecking, or anyone else who hasn't read Book 6 and plans to, don't watch that.

See? There are truly horrible people in this world. The last girl was pretty funny though... "NOOOooOOOO!!! YOU B$%#@!"

***And Ecking, or anyone else who hasn't read Book 6 and plans to, don't watch that.
Haha I already knows what happens. My GF started sobbing next to me the night she read it.