SOAP 2014 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which field are you trying to SOAP into?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

asqwer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a long time SDN user but creating this throwaway account for few days to prevent my identity.

23 of the 35 IM programs that I applied to have downloaded my application but no calls yet. How about you guys? Let's keep us all in loop as we try to survive this madness.

Members don't see this ad.

So..are these the only specialties with free slots? What about peds/ patho/ psych and so on....???

thanks for taking initiative and starting this thread... here we go.

I think if my understanding is correct we are not allowed to contact programs before they contact us?

Has anyone got any calls from programs yet? When do you think programs initiate contact?

all the program directors that I have spoken to so far have said the same thing. It would be a match violation for them to tell you that will give you an offer.

Good luck on the soap. (long time lurker but was not an avid poster. I wanted to make make a new account to avoid identifications)

He got phone interviews, doesn't mean he got offers. Program initiated contact is allowed after 2pm yesterday. Offers would be offered from those programs, if they want him, on wednesday.

BTW, has any IMGs gotten phone calls yet?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm SOAP-ing, and confused. Got a few calls already.

Question is: I don't need to do anything on the R3 system right? Like submit a rank list for the programs that already contacted me? All I need to do is check on Wednesday at noon to see if there are any offers?

Just heard a conflicting comment from someone about submitting a rank list.

Thanks for any response!

I'm SOAP-ing, and confused. Got a few calls already.

Question is: I don't need to do anything on the R3 system right? Like submit a rank list for the programs that already contacted me? All I need to do is check on Wednesday at noon to see if there are any offers?

Just heard a conflicting comment from someone about submitting a rank list.

Thanks for any response!

I heard the same thing from program director. But, looking at the FAQ's, it seems that we can only wait for the offer and there is not a rank list for us.

Only one call so far. Disappointing.

I heard the same thing from program director. But, looking at the FAQ's, it seems that we can only wait for the offer and there is not a rank list for us.
The program director is probably confused because programs still submit a rank list--but I think of it more as a priority list since it only sends the number of offers as the program has open positions. Bottom line, pay attention to the FAQs, and best of luck for tomorrow. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard nothing.

I originally applied to PM&R. I had 11 interviews in all and ranked all 11. I am in the top 20% of my class at a DO school. My Step 1 was a not-too-amazing 217. My COMLEX scores were better: level 1 = 538, level 2 = 585. I had 2 published case reports. I got absolutely zero negative feedback from any of my interviews. I thought they all went really well. I am still kind of in shock.

I am now applying mostly to radiology, but I put in a few neurology and IM programs in as well.

I"m in the exact same situation as you Kissmyabjj though my scores in all 3 of those were better. Interviews went great, I was sure I was going to match, yet here I am.

I'm in the rads soap now, but I haven't heard a thing yet from any of the programs. Please let me know if you are contacted by anyone so at least I can know where I stand.

Yeah, all you have to do is wait till Wednesday 12pm to see if you got any offers. Has anyone had issues where programs cannot see your COMLEX/USMLE scores? I just had to re-release mine because a program couldn't see them.

How exactly can you tell if a program has downloaded your application? All I see on ADTS is that all of my documents are available to the programs.

I have gone through track my LORs to see if they have downloaded my application.

All that tells you though is that the coordinator might have printed it out and put it on a program directors desk, not that its actually been "reviewed".

what's making me nervous is that people are getting phone calls and I haven't gotten any at all. Anyone else soaping rads and gotten a phone call?

All that tells you though is that the coordinator might have printed it out and put it on a program directors desk, not that its actually been "reviewed".

what's making me nervous is that people are getting phone calls and I haven't gotten any at all. Anyone else soaping rads and gotten a phone call?

Yea, as of right now that is pretty much the only thing that is available for us to figure out if they have done something with the application. I know this is really difficult but try to hang in there since we are not allowed to contact the programs.

SOAPing for RADs and no calls yet. Just FYI

Anyone hear from any anesthesia programs yet?

Anyone else have multiple programs download everything BUT their USMLE transcript?

I am trying for family medicine. I got one call yesterday but nothing yet today. Any other fellow family medicine folks out there in the SOAP?

this might be a silly question but for those of us who are D.O. applicants - are we still allowed to scramble into a D.O. spot after the soap?

No calls so far, Soap for Prelim and Anes. I think i might have send in my application too late on accident, 6pm eastern time. what time did you send your application?

Same prelim surg/anes but haven't heard back yet other than 1 program. I sent my app in at 1:45PM though, not feeling so good right now

I am going for family medicine as well, no calls yet
I am trying for family medicine. I got one call yesterday but nothing yet today. Any other fellow family medicine folks out there in the SOAP?
can you please mention what program called you

this might be a silly question but for those of us who are D.O. applicants - are we still allowed to scramble into a D.O. spot after the soap?
i'm also a SOAPing D.O. applicant and I think if all else fails there are some AOA spots available on the NMS website. However, I am not sure how updated that unfilled list is.

I haven't got any calls/emails and i'm applying for advanced/reserved positions. I'm not sure if it matters what time you send your application but I'm hoping later today I'll get a call or tomorrow.

Heard from 1 program last night at 9:45, and 1 program today around 12:15pm today

i'm also a SOAPing D.O. applicant and I think if all else fails there are some AOA spots available on the NMS website. However, I am not sure how updated that unfilled list is.

I am just going to start from the top and call places. I hope one of them takes my battered soul :(

Is anyone sending a thank you letter to the program directors that gave you a SOAP interview? It say's that it is a match violation to contact the program directly so I was not sure if I should send a letter expressing my interest / desperateness.

I am just going to start from the top and call places. I hope one of them takes my battered soul :(

Is anyone sending a thank you letter to the program directors that gave you a SOAP interview? It say's that it is a match violation to contact the program directly so I was not sure if I should send a letter expressing my interest / desperateness.
I read somewhere that is against some sort of rule to contact DO programs during match week.

It's only a violation to contact a program if they have not contacted you first. If you've done a SOAP interview, you can send an email and you can ask others (dean's office, mentor) to call on your behalf.

I read somewhere that is against some sort of rule to contact DO programs during match week.

Yes. If you are participating in SOAP you can't pursue other avenues of securing a position until after SOAP ends.

Should I be worried if no prelim-surgery contacted me today yet?

Contacted by one program last night and one this morning, both via phone, for categorical spots. I also haven't heard anything from prelim surgery yet.

didn't hear back from anyone yet, waiting for someone to call/email

for the people who were contacted, what questions were asked? any help would be appreciated