1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

SoCal PGY1 Residencies!!

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Residencies and Fellowships' started by cHocoBo 118, Dec 5, 2008.

1. cHocoBo 118

cHocoBo 118 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey guys. I'm posting this for my fiance who is about to apply for pharm residency. I was wondering if anybody has info regarding the multiple pharm residency programs in southern CA. Any insight to the following programs or any others not listed would be greatly appreciated.

UCI
    UCLA
    Cedar-Sinai
    CHOC
    USC
    Hoag
    Long Beach Memorial
    Fountain Valley Regional
    Presby Intercommunity
    Kaiser (OC)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ambiguous

ambiguous Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey chocobo. I'm not in pharmacy school but I'm fairly familiar with some of these programs. From what I understand, DON'T apply to UCLA or cedar. They are very malignant towards pharm students. CHOC is a fairly new program so theyre still very unorganized. But if you love kids, theyre an awesome children's hospital. I've only heard good things about USC. I hear they have a strong teaching emphasis in their program. I don't know too much about the other programs but I think UCI is pretty good. I hear they treat their pharmacy residents well. Hope that helps! gluck!

#2 ambiguous, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  4. meister

meister Senior Member
    Physician Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm not a pharm student either but I know a few USC PharmD grads and they all thought USC was great and that the atmosphere in the hospital was second-to-none. I would asusme the residency would be similar.