Socializing with faculty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GNF8300

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How close are dental students with their faculty? I'm not talking going out to bars or having quite lunch meetings at the corner bistro, but I'd like to know if anybody in dental school plays golf occasionally with faculty members or other types of things along that line. I'm going to VCU by the way, if anybody wants to chime in from that school, but I'd be interested to see what the consensus is from other schools also.

Members don't see this ad.

Several of my students join me and other faculty a couple times a week on our road bikes, and many times after rides we'll join at Rubio's for fish tacos afterwards.

2968_1068357266745_1160461220_30168042_8379478_n.jpg

that has got to be the fittest group of dentists i've ever seen.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at UT-Memphis recently and they mentioned that there are several faculty vs student basketball tournaments :)

When I interviewed at UF last week, they made a point in telling us how about 200 dental students/faculty members have a football block and go to all of the home games together, and how some faculty members/dental school alumni/students throw a big tailgate before all of the games. :) It sounded like a fun time!

When I interviewed at UF last week, they made a point in telling us how about 200 dental students/faculty members have a football block and go to all of the home games together, and how some faculty members/dental school alumni/students throw a big tailgate before all of the games. :) It sounded like a fun time!

That DOES sound like a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love SEC football :love:

That DOES sound like a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love SEC football :love:

SEC football is the greatest! :) Haven't missed a home Gator Football game in 3 years!!! :D:D:D Going on 4 years this season!

And the thought of Gator Football with hundreds of other dental students/dental faculty/dental alum... :soexcited:

SEC football is the greatest! :) Haven't missed a home Gator Football game in 3 years!!! :D:D:D Going on 4 years this season!

And the thought of Gator Football with hundreds of other dental students/dental faculty/dental alum... :soexcited:

LOL!!! I love it!! I'm the same way with UT! I wanted so badly to come down to the Swamp this year ....but dental apps are draining me of funds!

Although, I'd rather not see us have our fannies whooped again! :laugh:

LOL!!! I love it!! I'm the same way with UT! I wanted so badly to come down to the Swamp this year ....but dental apps are draining me of funds!

Although, I'd rather not see us have our fannies whooped again! :laugh:

:laugh:!! But hey, it's all good when it comes down to the bowl games at the end of the season. I even cheer for GEORIGA in their bowl games! And not gonna lie, watching LSU win the BCS two years ago was ALMOST as exciting as watching us win last year and three years ago.. (well, okay, watching us win was WAY better. But I was still excited for LSU!) So basically the SEC is amazing.

I actually have a ticket to the LSU game this year. :eek: Fingers crossed that I don't have any interview conflicts because I REALLY want to go! Haha! I also went to the SEC Championship in Atlanta last year against Bama.. GREATEST GAME OF MY LIFE. :D Gosh I love college football, and I love that UF's dental school loves football too.

:laugh:!! But hey, it's all good when it comes down to the bowl games at the end of the season. I even cheer for GEORIGA in their bowl games! And not gonna lie, watching LSU win the BCS two years ago was ALMOST as exciting as watching us win last year and three years ago.. (well, okay, watching us win was WAY better. But I was still excited for LSU!) So basically the SEC is amazing.

I actually have a ticket to the LSU game this year. :eek: Fingers crossed that I don't have any interview conflicts because I REALLY want to go! Haha! I also went to the SEC Championship in Atlanta last year against Bama.. GREATEST GAME OF MY LIFE. :D Gosh I love college football, and I love that UF's dental school loves football too.

Yes! I went to the SEC Championship game the year before!! I was in the marching band at UT my 1st two years. I was sooo lucky to get to go to all the schools! And hands down SEC is the best conference in the nation :love: It's almost football time in Tennessee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D And the Southeast! wahhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah if I go to dental school in TN I'd have to go down to Ole Miss to see any SEC football :sleep: