Solicitation from MCW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burntfries

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i got this email from the medical college of wisconsin today, telling me to consider applying to their school because of my "competetive" mcat score. i've already submitted my AMCAS, but haven't applied to MCW because i wasn't initially that attracted to wisconsin, and i thought that their median stats were a bit out of my range. nor did I think that my mcat was that spectacular (31R). Is it common for med schools to send out emails like this? i didnt' think schools would need to solicit applications, what with all the applicants they have to deal with already...

so my question is, would i be wasting my money if I put down another $30 and added them to my list? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

haha thanks for the zing. i had a feeling this had been asked, but it didn't turn up in a search :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Zing is goofy. If I was trying to be mean I would have put OWNED! :)

So...Zing!!

I'm starting to like these "I want to see if anyone else got this to see if I'm extra-super-special" threads

ADeadLois said:
I'm starting to like these "I want to see if anyone else got this to see if I'm extra-super-special" threads

I'm guilty :oops: I got the email too and posted on another thread (Wall of Fame maybe?) asking about it to find out the real scoop. I'm not proud, I'll take whatever "feeling special" crumbs I can get ;)

imagine people getting that email NOT using SDN :eek: and feeling all super special and then finding out later that MCW was just advertising

I wonder if they sent it to people with like a 15 MCAT and 2.7 GPA too? Poor kids, getting their hopes up.

Nope, I'm still holding to the super special :p

USC (cali, please accept me) sends those out in the fall too when they need more money to pay the bills

Don't feel bad, i started one of these theads too after one was already up